Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm planning to get a stage 2 camshaft (gude, bisimoto, crane or exospeed) and a cam gear for my D16A6. Can I keep my old stock valvetrain (1990 D16Z2 (=D16A6)), or not?
I'm a little short for a upgraded valvetrain, what do you recommend?

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
no. it will put alot of wear and tear on it and prone to fucking shit up.

thats why its called stg2 because you need an upgraded valve train

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would you recommend to me, what is my best option...what is a best buy, for a upgraded D16A6 valvetrain?
I'd like to consider all possibilities.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have, but no reply to my mails for now. I have seen some valvetrain packages, but one of my question mark is that all of them have new springs and retainers inside, but what about new keepers, they don't say anything about them. Do keepers always come together with new retainers?

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
To be honest if you talk to there tech support they can help you more thats what there job is just email bisimoto and the others. They will be able to answer all you questions. Just be sure to tell them your whole setup and what your trying to do with the car

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
If nothing else, get springs to help out. People often run stock retainers on their performance builds. The OEM keepers will be perfectly fine.

·
Formerly weebeastie
931 Posts
Springs

A Stage 2 cam will work with stock springs, but you will not be able to rev the engine above the stock rpm limit because the valves will float!

Kindof a waste of a camshaft if you ask me. But seriously buy a Bisimoto Level 2 cam and Bisimoto springs. You won't be sorry.

Correct me if I'm wrong: Aren't Bisimoto springs cheaper than Supertech?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To be honest with you, I heard that my stock keepers could fail...it it correct or not, if they will do the job then I would go with stg 2 cam and upgraded springs.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
we always recommend to upgrade because of wear and tear on valve train. but you can run on stock springs you just cant go passed red line.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts