Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at my signature to find out the specs on my EJ1. Because of the high mileage, RUSHI told me to upgrade the connecting rods to the Eagle Rods. What does the "ESP H-beam" mean in, as in ""ESP" H-beam connecting rods"?

Also, what would you guys recommend I do to make sure that my D16Z6 lasts a lot longer time? Please give me a step by step list (e.g. 1. Put in some new Eagle Rods; 2. Replace the crank; 3. Get a P-Flow):holla:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ummm does the engine have any problems now? I cannot see why you would need new rods with a d16z6 that just has bolt ons. If you were building it to turbo it am shooting for some really high HP numbers then yeah you would put in the eagle rods.

I say that you don't need those until you start thinking about turbo and even then you would have to be running alot of power to warrent new rods.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ohhh you are looking to rebuild the entire engine. Ok that makes alittle more sense.

So yeah eagle rods
Srp or viatra (SP?) pistons
Make sure the block is clean (no rust or other nastiness in the sleeves)
You could always get the block sleeved.
Cam
Valves, valve spring, retainers

There is plenty more but really if you are rebuilding to get more power you might as well replace as much of the old stuff as possible.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
What does the "ESP H-beam" mean in

ESP =extrasensory perception, the rods know beforehand how much powe they have to handle. when you turn the car on, they are ready for it cause they have ESP. They are far better than any other rod because if this. Other rods fail cause they dont have ESP and they dont know the horsepower is coming, but the eagles know. thats why they never fail.

J/K no idea what ESP for the rods actually means. search eagle rods on google and go to their website, im sure they have something on there.

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
i was in the same situation as you a few months back. and my z6 is almost done! another week or so and i should get it back from the shop.

like manga spawn said you should probably figure out if you are going to boost or not otherwise you might spend a lot of cash on parts that arent needed.

im shooting for about 300whp on a boosted setup, heres what im doing:

leaving the head stock but getting it refrehsed
eagle rods and SRP pistons (0.02 overbore) with ACL rod, main and thrust bearings
machine work (bore, hone, polish crank etc...)
arp head studs
new oil and water pump (OEM)
new timing belt, and every gasket or seal that can be replaced (OEM)
new wires, plugs, cap rotor, and thermostat (OEM)
new clutch, but im keeping the stock flywheel
new alternator

after all this my engine will be as good as new! i hope my setup will be reliable as well but doing so has costed a decent chunk of change and im too deep in it to turn back now! lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sorry it took so long for my reply... lol... anyway... YES, I plan to boost the Z6!!! :)

What do you mean by "refreshing your stock head"?

I do plan to get SRP pistons, Eagle Rods, and ARP Head Studs. FUNKIFIED, do you have MySpace? Let me know it if you've got it, but anyway... where are you going to buy your stuff? eBay? TunerToys?

Which Eagle Rods are you going to get? The Part # CRS5394H3D that are around $400?

Regarding your SRP Pistons... are you going to get the Part # 149201 or 149204??? The 149201 is for a 9.0:1 compression and the 149204 is for a 10.4:1.

Lastly... what kind of ARP Head Studs are you going to get? The 208-4301???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts