Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
one of D-series.org's nicest rides
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering what you guys think what will be more of a benefit for a turbo D-series bottom end...I have heard it all, but in the end it just sounds like o-ringing will not make too much of a difference...just wondering what you guys will have to say from experience.

O

·
0 Posts
There's no reason to do any of that.
if you get a cometic headgasket designed for FI, then the advantage is it has a built in Firering and this will allow for a much better seal over oem gaskets and others. No one else has this.

Why chance damage to something or leaking or even jsut extra $ when you don't have to?

·
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had GEM do my sleeves, and step deck comes standard...no matter if you ask it or not...not sure if all the others does the same...anyways, im trying to figure out exactly what gasket to use for the step deck, seems like it does not need to use a fire ring gasket. Perhaps just gonna used a bored oem gasket, possibly cometic like all my other builds.

So im not saving myself from any headaches later on for not getting the sleeves o-ringed...? Even if im planning on 20-25psi...? No benifits with the o-ring at all...?

I know people running 10's on a step deck, but they are all B series...just wondering what people thought with the d-series.

O

·
0 Posts
turbo95eg6 said:
I had GEM do my sleeves, and step deck comes standard...no matter if you ask it or not...not sure if all the others does the same...anyways, im trying to figure out exactly what gasket to use for the step deck, seems like it does not need to use a fire ring gasket. Perhaps just gonna used a bored oem gasket, possibly cometic like all my other builds.

So im not saving myself from any headaches later on for not getting the sleeves o-ringed...? Even if im planning on 20-25psi...? No benifits with the o-ring at all...?

I know people running 10's on a step deck, but they are all B series...just wondering what people thought with the d-series.
endyn surfaces them flat bacause the step causes more issues than not. liek leaking water or oil due to raised decking.
I'm running 20 on pump and 27 on race w/o issues. mien is flat and using a cometic gasket with a firering.

oem doesn't hold out at high boost well they always end up blowing int he end. (kinda like eating beans and think no one will notice you by the end of the day at theoffice. ;-) )

so no you will NOT have any issues. also you need to get your block decked anyways,you have to ensure the entire surface is "perfrecly" flat. kist lookign isn;t going to do it. it needs to be decked, so get it decked and use the cometic.

did you line bore the crank journels? when sleeving it can cause the webbing on the bottom to slightly warp and thus requiring line boring of the crank journels. if you didn;t then you shoudl serously consider it pripr to attemoting assembly as it willsave you a lot of headaches in the futire.

·
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its like a extra $220 to line bore, do you heavily reccomend that...? How long down the road and what kind of headaches am i gonna experience if i choose not to...? Since its not going in the car yet, i want to make sure everything is right the first time. Thanks for the advice :TU:

as for the o-ring, im not too worried about it...some just say its a safety reccomendation for turbocharged cars, but i dont know of anyone that uses them. Just figured i would ask what you guys thought about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts