Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i need to get a catch can as one of the final parts to my turbo kit...i was gonna make my own but decided otherwise...so i looked on e-bay and found this "Stef's Fabrication Filtered Catch Can"...seems pretty good and it has replacable filters...Catch Can ...my only question is would i want to dril into the top so i can mount another filter to the air so that under vacum it will suck in that air instead of the dirty filtered air? Or should this be fine the way it is...thanks, Andy

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, i found the filters and they are $8 a piece and it says they should be replaced every oil change...Filter ...and there is a price of the actual assembly...so the price on the e-bay auction would be a deal

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oscarmayer said:
www.theoldone.com
endyn makes the best breathers there is. it requires some work on your part, but it's well worth it.
I understand that...but is the one i posted any good?

O

·
0 Posts
the only thing i see is the oil has no place to return to the block with.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oscarmayer said:
the only thing i see is the oil has no place to return to the block with.
I dont think it has to return to the block...thats why you replace the filter in it every oil change...

O

·
0 Posts
the device will trap oil and thus the best way to to handle this si to allow it to drain back into the block.

before you go questioning, go to endyn's site and read about their kit and WHY they have it they way they do.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oscarmayer said:
the device will trap oil and thus the best way to to handle this si to allow it to drain back into the block.

before you go questioning, go to endyn's site and read about their kit and WHY they have it they way they do.
On their site it says it can be used as a drain back system or be used as a venting system...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And actually it looks like i could thread out the drain on the bottom and use a hose barb fitting and drain it back into the block...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess no one has anymore input on it...there is like 2 minutes left on the auction...i think i'm gonna buy it...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
You bought it! Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
CrazyConscious said:
kinda sounds like you think i shouldnt have bought it...?
No not at all man, you made good choice. Sometimes people pay big dollars because of the name when it can be something as simple as a lug nut that says Mugen over a replica and pay 10X's the price. I just want to know how you like it when you get it..

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
relax man. if it doesn't work, sell it. i'm sure it will be fine, be sure to check out the turbo sticky, lots of good info on pcvs and such if you haven't seen it.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
9000_red said:
relax man. if it doesn't work, sell it. i'm sure it will be fine, be sure to check out the turbo sticky, lots of good info on pcvs and such if you haven't seen it.
Thanks, yea i've done that with a couple things before...actually sold a neone once for $1000 more than i paid for it :lol: ...but i guess thats what people get for selling a car becaue they thought the motor was gonna blow when really just the timing was off...lol

berettagtz117 said:
No not at all man, you made good choice. Sometimes people pay big dollars because of the name when it can be something as simple as a lug nut that says Mugen over a replica and pay 10X's the price. I just want to know how you like it when you get it..
Sorry, i'm tired and seem to take offense/over react to things when it gets to late...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts