Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1996 EJ6 Coupe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When im driving at some speed and i brake the steering wheel shakes mad sometimes and it's not nice! i think it might have to do with brake disks that aren't good. but i don't know what the size for my EJ6(d16y7) or should i rather be looking somewhere else? i really want to fix this problem

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
punctuation sentences words loud noises and what he said ^

·
Registered
1996 EJ6 Coupe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God damnit i've been searching for size and couldn't get a right answer
some say 242 some say 262. and i will look at my brake pads if the are even.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
They are 262 mm standard, from all the shops I searched and found on my first try. If you want a quick answer come up with a better question.

Really the size doesn't matter as if you go order brakes they don't ask you the size they ask your car type, year, model level, then they have a system to tell you the correct brakes.

None oem replacements might change the size but oem seems to be 262 mm, now how did I find it so easy.

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
987 Posts
Rotors and pads are shot.
Go to any parts store website that allows you to enter your trim level and it will show the correct pads and rotors for your particular make and model.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
All you need is an anti shake steering wheel. Lmao. x2 Rotors

·
Registered
234 Posts
If the car is an ex or si it has the 10.2" (262mm) fronts. Dx, Cx, Lx, Hx all have the 9.5" (242mm) front rotors.

Yours being an ej6, it has the 9.5" 242mm rotors.

·
Registered
844 Posts
When im driving at some speed and i brake the steering wheel shakes mad sometimes and it's not nice! i think it might have to do with brake disks that aren't good. but i don't know what the size for my EJ6(d16y7) or should i rather be looking somewhere else? i really want to fix this problem
Take your car to a shop and pay to have it done correctly cause brakes are obviously out of your league

1 - 17 of 17 Posts