Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car drives fine but after i get past 65 MPH my steering will will shake and stop and shake and then stop again. it has nothing to do with the RPMs im sure. i think its either wheels and tires, or i have a blown strut. either way im taking a lil three day vacation to VA beach in a couple days and i dont want a 6 hour drive with shaking every other second. any advice?! also i have bad negative camber in the rear and somewhat in the front, but i have had my negative camber for a long time and it hasnt really affected me until now. bushings are good all around and wheel bearings are too. whatever help you can give me wll be greatly appreciated. thanx

W

·
0 Posts
either balance or alignment. if your toe is either in or out too much, at higher speed you will shake.

T

·
0 Posts
worn wheel bearings will cause that as well especially at higher speeds

·
Registered
94 Posts
Get your wheels and tires rotated and balanced since that is the cheapest thing to do see if that fixes the problem, then move to getting an alignment or checking wheel bearings if needed. Keep it simple.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
my guess is that if it starts at 65, then goes away as you go faster its balance. i see it all the time in my work. wheel bearings you would be able to feel/hear at even a low speed, and alignment...the only real reason i can see for it shaking at high speeds is if you alignment had ruined your tires from being so far out and they are cupped or separated because of it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts