Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
i went with the quaife quick rack instead. Thinking this with power steering might have been the way to go.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
GSRs/Del Sol Vtecs/ 96/97 Del Sol Si's all had a slightly faster rack (16:1 vs 17.5:1 iirc)

you could swap one of those in

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
The guy here (work) I sold my old S-10 to turned it into a race truck for short track, it was manual steering 4cyl and he put a V8 and kept the manual gear but he hated the ratio... 6 full turns for lock to lock. He did install one of these and it made a huge improvement and not much added effort but it is still 3 turns lock to lock like most cars are stock now, steering difficulty is a little above normal sitting still but once moving it feels great. I just don't know if I would go 2:1 on a civic without PS, they do make a 1.5:1 which I feel would be greater if I were to do it to my civic. My fear would be how touchy it would be on the interstate.

TLDR: no experience on a civic but worked good on race truck.

EDIT: I don't know what brand was used but it was a compact unit and he added it between the wheel and firewall (no tilt steering on the truck made it easy)

·
Registered
1990 civic, 1991 CRX
181 Posts
The quaife rack is already a handful with manual steering, no way I'd want to go any quicker.

I'd love to put a quickener on my EF PS rack, but there is no way to install one legally with the rule set I'm given for racing.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
The quaife rack is already a handful with manual steering, no way I'd want to go any quicker.

I'd love to put a quickener on my EF PS rack, but there is no way to install one legally with the rule set I'm given for racing.
How well do they check for it? The compact units are easy to hide if you are running all the stock covers for the column.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When it rains it pours.

Nice, I live in Washington.

The Honda PS racked are barely worth the trouble over a manual ranck, esp in an EK.

Thanks BeerDrinking and WWD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts