Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok will try an explain...

the steering feels loose/ light VERY eeasy 2 turn / no feedback !?

the other thing is that it will not self center, after i turn..
from full ontil 1/4-1/2 before the steeringwheel get 2 center it turns by if self.. but then it stops.. but i can easly turn the rest my self.. and it is more noticeble when comming from right turn ,then left turn...

this does i can turn the wheel about 1/4 turn and it stays there.. (car turning but) does not center.. even if i hit the gas..

everything in front suspention is brand new and alingment is ok
i try 14/16/17 " wheels all acts the same...

PLZ HELP !!! no one seem 2 know.. or have some ider... im willling 2 try ANY thing thx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds like alignment problems. If it's lowered at all it WILL throw off the camber AND toe. If you hit anything in the road you can easily trow off the alignment. Suspension could be damaged if you have gone off of the road or hit a pot hole. Suspensions are kinda weird if they are not within specification or at least close. Especially if one side is doing something different than the other. Get an alignment done or see if they can at least "check it" and if there's something damaged the guy looking at it could MAYBE give you some ideas too. It's cheaper than paying a real mechanic a lot of loot if there's nothing wrong, because they will always charge for looking. Give us more info, like if you lowered it recently or changed the suspension at all.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lowered for many years...nothing done new
changed rims.. and realized my steering was fucked..
changed EVERYthing in front suspetion.. exept lower control arm (just changed bushings
now it will not self center from right side, the last 1/4 turn on steering wheel and maybe alittle also form left..
and steering feels very LIGHT/loose could maybe fixed by lucknut bolt on rack or new rack.. but dont explain selfcenter problems..

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hit a carb before i changed all the parts.. fucked the rim up.. so yeah..
really think Lower control arm ? it is not topform on left side.. but ok if right is fucked.. the i cause i could have a bad influenc on left side ????

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
which ever side you hit with, see how far back the wheel is sitting in the wheelwell.

Typical weak point on a Honda.......

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks ok... tested 2 day.. right saide seems kinda ok.. left side selfcenter better when i LET go off acc. !?!?!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok did the aligment !.. (see file)
everything is within spec.. exept camber.. but that is not the problem..
now i can really feel the problem...
when i hit the gas it turns it self 2 the right.. steering wheels starts turning it self.. then i let go.. and it trys to center...
WHAT is up with that !?.,,
cause when im crusing it willl make the wheel stay if i turn alitlle to the right ontil i let go og gas.. it would like 2 return .. but still not as good as from left side

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
The accident could have caused you some fram damage. Check to verify all tracks are same length as oem. If the fronts are smaller now it could cause a stagger setup and the car will turn to one side and not center........

Just something to check....

-Juan

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
verify all tracks are same length as oem. If the fronts are smaller now

plz specifie !.. not know what you are talkin about.. what parts..

J

·
0 Posts
stagger is usually setup for oval track racing ( car will naturally turn in one direction) because of the tire setup. example you want to stagger to the left. you use larger diameter tires on right side, thus it will cause the car to drift to the left...Your problem sounds to be the same as what i discribed. Make sure all tires and rims are same diameter etc, but that could also be caused by many other things...for example the steering wheel not returning to center without some "assistance" happen on my neon because the power steering pump was going out and there was insufficent line pressure to "self center"

Hope it helps

-Juan

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
everything is in plz..
and tryed pulling the belt of the PS.. same shit..
wheels er new and same size.. tryed with others.. same thing....

when i hit the gas the steering wheels starts 2 turn by it self..
and when i let go it almost selfcenter...
and if im going and turning it my self .. and just giv it a litlle gas.. it wheel hold the wheel in the position ..
this is only when turning right

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok changed the rack and all bushings now.. an got it alingment done ..
now i "only" i think, have the problem with the self center problem...
does not return 2 center..

so everything is changed Exept the pump and lines...
now im gonna try the pump.. mine does not make "waves" in the PS container like every else honda ive looked at last couple of days... ?!

J

·
0 Posts
lack of waves indicates lower than normal return line pressure (probably becuase PS pump is worn out) if the high pressure side is lower than normal then the return line side must also be proportionally lower....

It seems you will have to pull the pump and inspect it....

:cussing:

but what are you going to do.........thats life

shit breaks...

-juan

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
just tryed another pump did seem 2 make a difrendts... but yes i have no waves in the ps container.. maybe the other pump helped alitlle.. but cant say for sure.. cuase it worked kinda on/off.. think the belt was slipping.. in the start it didten even work at all..

arhhhhh i hate my honda right know as much as i love it !..

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmmmm what 2 do...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts