Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is my issue I’m having for some time now. My 7th gen civic, whenever I’m driving the steering would move left to right, I check my control arms and the tie rods and they were in need of replacement so I did. After I replaced them I’m still having the same issues. What could causing the these? My ball joints are ok but they will be needing replacement but not shortly.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get it professionally aligned after replacing all that?
I didn’t align it yet but I will. There’s a difference, the car not pulling to the right or left, the steering is bouncing left to right. I did some research on it and I got some informations that I don’t think is the cause of it. The information I got was that on uneven road the steering will fo that but I drove other cars and never had this issue.the steering rock is not leaking any kind of fluid so I don’t know.

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,479 Posts
This kind of steering oscillation can be caused by excessive toe on cars with compliance bushings, which is exactly the kind of lower rearward bushing your uses on the front control arm. It can also be caused by a bent rim, take it in for alignment and wheel balancing. If its still there rotate the front tires to the rear.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,425 Posts
I didn’t align it yet but I will. There’s a difference, the car not pulling to the right or left, the steering is bouncing left to right. I did some research on it and I got some informations that I don’t think is the cause of it. The information I got was that on uneven road the steering will fo that but I drove other cars and never had this issue.the steering rock is not leaking any kind of fluid so I don’t know.
Anytime you touch front end parts that can affect alignment of toe (tie rods) and camber/caster (control arms) together in one fell swoop, you'll have no idea how the car will behave without getting alignment measurements and corrections done. Do not expect the car to steer or track straight until you get it aligned correctly.

You cannot replace those parts and expect things to drive right without also getting an alignment. Replacing the parts AND getting an alignment is the complete repair procedure.

You're leaving out 1/2 of the complete repair process without the alignment.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This kind of steering oscillation can be caused by excessive toe on cars with compliance bushings, which is exactly the kind of lower rearward bushing your uses on the front control arm. It can also be caused by a bent rim, take it in for alignment and wheel balancing. If its still there rotate the front tires to the rear.
Well, my rims are bend yes. My car is not lowered either. I will never lowered a car because that’s nonsense to me. The control arms I’m using it’s from rock auto I couldn’t afford dealer price .

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,479 Posts
Rock auto control arms will be fine for a while, not with bent rims though, that will trash even oe replacement bushings in a few months, find a set of stock steelies on offer up or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.