Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have their gauges set on the steering column like mickey mouse ears??? If so please post pics and lee me know how you went by putting them there. I cannot find a pod to do it. Thanks guys.

PS I dunno if this is the right section to post this at.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,261 Posts
I don't have them installed..
but I've changed my steering wheel plenty of times & I've took apart the plastic cover & got down in the wires/turn signal crap..(gets crazy)
but theres a full set of wires that run basically in the middle of the everything..
I would imagine to install it super clean this would be the best route to take..

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have them installed..
but I've changed my steering wheel plenty of times & I've took apart the plastic cover & got down in the wires/turn signal crap..(gets crazy)
but theres a full set of wires that run basically in the middle of the everything..
I would imagine to install it super clean this would be the best route to take..
thx waiting 4 pics fom tnk

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,457 Posts
I was thinking about putting a vacuum gauge on the column, but might have a place on the 88-91 lower panel to mount it and still be able to read the gage thru the steering wheel spokes.

Now if I go boost....that will change!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I have thinkin about taking a plain single 2 1/16" boost gauge pod and glass it up along with the upper column cover for a nice, clean look. If I get lazy I'll probably just screw it on it there.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,457 Posts
Like the above pic, I've thought about a 2 1/16" vacuum gauge but hang it from the cluster surround blocking the 80mph section on the speedo........but if I swap in a Z6, add boost, I might need that part of the speedo :)

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol yea. WEll I got a 96 civic and I just wanted to install my gauges side by side on the steering column. I guess Ill just buy two cups and go from there. thx

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
this is my boost gauge in the center of the collumn.

its a greddy holder think it was 12 or 14bucks off there site.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts