Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I've been having issues with my driveline and thinking of going D2b, but that really is my last resort. I have recently changed my master cylinder "last year" to a brand called Equal off of ebay, so maybe it's not as good as oem one? I will be ordering a new oem one as well as the slave. Anyway, I've been reading around about braided clutch line and some said it has more flex than the stock hard line which felt sloppy, and other's said they had more positive pedal response. I'd like for those of you who's running one to chime in and share your thoughts. :yawn:

IPG has a kit on ebay for a bit to much

IPG Silver Steel Braided Stainless Clutch Line 92 00 Civic 94 01 Integra EG DC | eBay

And Streetrays for just a little over $40 bucks

Streetrays Steel Braided Clutch Line 92 00 Civic 94 01 Integra Replacement Clear | eBay

All of these are measured at 54" so i guess it must be right... I wasn't sure where to put this thread under so OPS please do what you must..

Thanks
Jun

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found some info on old threads.. Sorry if i double post but let's leave this open for now

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,398 Posts
I used a hard line on the ej2. went to autozone, got a section of brake line, bent it and ran it from master to slave. tempted to take it off and throw it on the ej1 because itll never fail

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used a hard line on the ej2. went to autozone, got a section of brake line, bent it and ran it from master to slave. tempted to take it off and throw it on the ej1 because itll never fail
-3an or is it -4? The items online doesn't say what diameter it is exactly

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,398 Posts
its whatever the brake line fittings are. I just walked into autozone, walked to the steel lines, found the one I thought was long enough and installed

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
dont do a hardline unless you make a few loops in it. engine vibration will eventually lead to it leaking. The loops will flex enough to allow vibration without potential damage.

Definitely NOT saying it will fail quick though. Most of us drive our cars longer then usual.

braided is fine. I usually dont bother "upgrading" a clutch line unless the clutch itself is much stronger

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont do a hardline unless you make a few loops in it. engine vibration will eventually lead to it leaking. The loops will flex enough to allow vibration without potential damage.

Definitely NOT saying it will fail quick though. Most of us drive our cars longer then usual.

braided is fine. I usually dont bother "upgrading" a clutch line unless the clutch itself is much stronger

My clutch is definitely strong @2600lbs at the pressure plate. I am considering a braided line now. I mean, what else is there to lose right? Just would like to hear from some of you guy's experience with it.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
I prefer to keep as much hardline as possible, if I was doing this I would do it how mattlinson said. Loop some hardline like oem brake lines do and run it all the way to the tranny. Cheap and more durable than the braided line.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
What problems are you having?

D2B won't solve anything.

I use the OEM line. My original line failed back in November at around 300 some thousand miles. I replaced it with a new OEM line.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yea, I am not sure what issue you are trying to solve. To much clutch pedal throw? A braided steel line is supposed to have less deflection than a rubber line, but it wont have less deflection than a solid metal line....

I use this one: Stainless Steel Clutch Line 92 00 Civic 94 01 Integra Black Complete Replacement | eBay

So far it works fine, but I havent had it for long, I got the plastic coated because I have heard horror stories of stainless braided lines wearing through various things they were touching.

I got this because I needed something easy and fast, and my car didnt have a factory option. I think people usually get them for a tucked look though, not because they are better performance wise than the factory option.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everything works perfectly fine on regular driving but as soon as I'm on WOT or shifting at limiter it locks me out of gear... I've tried with different trans and it's giving me the same problem. After reading around, i came to realized that maybe my rear mounts inserts might be worn so I will have to double check on that as well.. Thanks for chiming in guys appreciate it.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
IDK about everyone else..

I made my own. My -3 line had plastic inner sleeve. My fittings used a brass ferrule for a tight seal.

Im not leaking, but I suspect the plastic is swelling.

2 reasons:
My clutch grabs towards the end of the pedal motion where as it used to be in the middle
My fluid is lower then when I filled it and no leaks anywhere. Slave or MC

I did use clamps to mount the line on the firewall and the trans so it sits still and doesnt rub.

I might replace with another SS line for a plug and play (and bleed)

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Everything works perfectly fine on regular driving but as soon as I'm on WOT or shifting at limiter it locks me out of gear... I've tried with different trans and it's giving me the same problem. After reading around, i came to realized that maybe my rear mounts inserts might be worn so I will have to double check on that as well.. Thanks for chiming in guys appreciate it.
yeah I would say the problem is with your mounts not the clutch line.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Check mounts, replace CMC and slave with OEM, adjust clutch per Helms. If that doesn't solve it the trans needs a rebuild.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts