Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
i dont know about the whole "ultimate turbo performance" but i guess it would look good if you wanted to be different?

·
Registered
629 Posts
i'd rather go topmount personally.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I have an early development manifold at home from them...

The nice thing about them is that they are machined and have nice smooth runner and a straight path to the turbo...

·
Registered
822 Posts

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Big cast piece of shit.
Nope it's actually a 2 pieces of BILLET STEEL with MACHINED RUNNERS that are WELDED Together.

You're going to have a hard time finding ANY manifold that has such smooth and straight runners... I got my prototype on ebay... 80$... I don't use it, my setup's done... I just bought it to study the design, and maybe modify it for a future twin scroll setup.

My versions weighs 20lbs and looks a LOT heavier than the production version which probably wights about the same as a cast manifold. A standard cast turbo manifold weighed 17, and an SSAC weighed around 12... We compared them when we did MikeD16z6's new turbo setup.

Compared with a tubular or cast manifold, here's my assesment:
Pro's:
- Precision machined runners and collector make for minimal bends, and maximum velocity to minimize lag.
- No tubing misalignment issues
- No casting imperfections
- very sturdy and very little risk of cracking.

Cons:
- Cost - I bet it's over 400$
- VS. a tubular manifold, this is NOT Equal length so it will flow less at high RPM's. (UNLESS they did a flow analysis and modified the runner diameters to equalize the exhaust pulses which would help reduce the flow issues that they inherently face with a non EL design...)

A lot of you guys make assumptions and jump on bandwagons just by looking at pictures with no actual knowledge... :TD:
Props to those that can think outside the box and come out with truly innovative ideas.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
^true^ A log is not even in the same ballpark as this.

This manifold has runners that smoothly merge into the collector. Log manifolds dont have this.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
First impressions... Whoa! Totally, odd, different; but like was stated above, a good design.

Seconds impressions... Don't think I'd run it though; and especially if it's near what gpny said. Nope!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts