Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
wise in the ways of the B
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of these? I have one and I'm trying to figure out how to get to it. It says the easiest way is by pulling the engine, and that's not an option. So, how did you guys put it on..?

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
my 68 skylark didnt have power streering u dont need it. i would email the place u got the kit from and ask for directions or just send that shit back and do that chris said

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
when you find out let me know :lol:. We were going over this in another thread. I don't think anyone ever came to a conclusion. I was wondering about what to do with the other line. The piece takes the place of two lines, but I don't know what to do with the third.

·
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. That's another one of the porblems I had...But 2 of them I could actually trace to the PS pump so I assumed those were the two that the fitting went on.. Anyway, I'm going to try to get this done tomorrow. I'll take pics of the process and let you know how it goes! :D

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Yeah. That's another one of the porblems I had...But 2 of them I could actually trace to the PS pump so I assumed those were the two that the fitting went on.. Anyway, I'm going to try to get this done tomorrow. I'll take pics of the process and let you know how it goes! :D
cool, let us know. I know 2 of the lines run from the reservoir and then go into the rack. The third one I want to know about is the big line that runs from the pump to the rack.

try to do a diy since this seems to be something alot of people have no clue about lol
:TU:

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts

·
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes. They have the instructions for it, BUT, they do it on and Integra Type R and they have the fucking thing pulled out of the car, sitting on a pallet...Makes if a BIT easier....

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
personally I would send it back if I were you.

if you have access to a lift, you will have less of a headache. another option would be removing your intake manifold to get to everything, that would make it a hell of a lot easier. sounds like if you do it, you are just going to have to work in a tight space.

i have a cx and i find it weird driving my other 2 cars with power steering. my hatch has awesome road feedback.

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
well,i did thisa while ago so i guess i can save you the bullshit i had to go threw and and tell you ,lift it on jack stands or a lift ,hole#3 stays open make sure you put plumbers tape on all your fittings(if not your going to have to do it all over like i did and becouse p.s. fluid will leak ,get a clutch res. from a 92-up civc/integ. fab. a bracket find a spot,and mount.and if you want, and this is what i did remove everything that has to do with your p.s............i also removed all of my a.c. system i'll put a couple of pics for you!
also make sure when you fill you turn the steering wheel lock to lock to fill it up all the way and get the air out of the lines repeat as mush as you need even take a lil drive!
its not hard just takes some time!

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts