Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this topic has been covered before. But I can't find the thread.

Will an STD manifold fit on my d16y8? I found one for $50 CDN where I live.

(i know i have to get an adapter plate to mount on the turbo)

but I'm not 100% if the std mani will fit on EK's.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
yep it fits

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if it fits a 92-95 EX then yes it should fit the y8. meaning a Z6. you want to make sure it's for the V-tec model as the others are smaller ports in the head.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's already ported..

thanks for the info guys. Now I'm going to purchase it. I also want to purchase that heat wrap for it. Do you guys know of any stores that sell it? I'm going to try home depot when I get my fittings.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
STD is a type? ok I was thinking isn;t there an aftermarket maker named STD thatmakes parts?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
oem hf/cx/std type manifold. std has slightly bigger runners then the other two from what i know

·
Registered
600 Posts
ALL the D-series manifolds will bolt on, except the DOHC ZC I think the pattern is slightly different. One model flows better, don't remember which one, the rest are all the same pretty much. I had a 91 STD 4sp model it didn't have this style exh mani. If I can remember right these are on:

88-91 HF
92-95 CX and VX
96-00 DX

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
96-00 dx does not have a bolt removable cat. its all one peice. so you'd have to saw the cat of and then weld the flange on. but you wouldn't want that mani anyways, the runners are teeny

just fyi

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking STR, doh! ok, boy was I lost yesterday.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lkailburn said:
96-00 dx does not have a bolt removable cat. its all one peice. so you'd have to saw the cat of and then weld the flange on. but you wouldn't want that mani anyways, the runners are teeny

just fyi
i don't have a d16y7.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
^^ i know, that was in response to rkcarguySI's post.

go with the std mani and adapter plate and you'll be all set. port it out a little if you want or run as it.

goodluck with the build

1 - 15 of 15 Posts