Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So some of you may have noticed my WTB thread for a 3" exhaust silencer. Well I found one online and purchased it. Payed an arm and a leg for the damn thing ($36) however it was advertised to fit a 3" core.

"DC Sports UNIVERSAL MUFFLERS & SILENCERS- SILENCER FOR MUFFLER W/ 3.0" CORE - SKU # SIL3000

DC Sports exhaust canister silencers fit inside the muffler tip and baffle exhaust noise to reduce overall exhaust decibel levels. Our silencers include a pre-drilled hole that aligns with a pre-drilled hole in our muffler canisters and include all necessary hardware for simple installation on the street and removal at the track.

* Reduce exhaust decibel levels for the street
* Simple installation and removal
* Available for all DC Sports exhaust diameters

Details
SKU SIL3000
Weight 8.00 lbs
Price: $36.47
**Note** This is a universal part, and is not guaranteed to fit any specific make or model."

So I figured "My spintec doesnt have a hole, but no biggie ill just drill one to line up and wham bam thank you mam, no more uberloud exhaust on my hour long commute!"

So the part gets here (hardly 8 pounds, actually 1.1lbs) the thing is only tack welded, and the edges arent finished.... HOWEVER, this was not my chief complaint! The welds are no big deal, I can finish em off, and I can run my files over the eges to clean em up. My big problem was the DAMN PART HAS A DIAMETER OF 4.25 GODDAMN INCHES! 3" MY ASS!

So, I calm down, call up the company and talk to "Jason" who informs me he will have to call DC to see if they will accept the return.

2 days later I get a phone call back.

Him "Hi Cory?"
Me "Yeah hi, so whats the word, can I get this back out to you guys?"
H "After talking to the DC Sports representative he informed me that this product is only for use on their company's exhausts, thats why it has the hole drilled in it"
M "Well that isnt the problem, I can drill a hole in my pipe no problem, my issue is the fact that it was advertised on your site as fititng a 3" core, and is marked as a universal part, and it is NOT going to fit in a 3" hole, seeing as how it is 4 and a quarter inches in diameter"
H "well you can send it back, there will be a 25% restocking fee, and we wont reimburse you for shipping"
M "Well thats fucking awesome, you sell me a part that isnt what it claims to be, then tell me "oh im sorry we just fucked you with a 4 and a quarter inch shitty fabricated steel dick", nah thats cool. Just so you know, Im going to post your company's bullshit customer service on every damn forum out there that deals with hondas. Hope you are only leasing that domain jack ass!"

CLICK.

So yeah, steer away from them, they may have "decent" prices on some of their products, but their customer service sucks balls.

PS anyone want a 4.25" silencer for cheap? I have 2 of em now *facepalm*

· Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI / 01 GSR
3,062 Posts
I kinda want to send them a link to this thread, hoping that their upper management will see it and crack some skulls.
please do, or better yet cmgogo should. also maybe try and get 100 people from this site to call and email them asking why they wont take it back or refund the shipping and forget about the 25% restocking fee

· Registered
761 Posts
i'm sorry but i honestly dont see a problem with this, you bought a piece that you werent sure was going to work in the first place.
being that it was made for a dcsports exhaust i would expect it to fit a dcsports exhaust. i would say the 3" core is the pipe inside the muffler and not the tip, and dcsports prolly uses the same tip for alot of their mufflers.
so you bought something that you hoped would work and now you are mad they want to charge you a restocking fee for returning it? did you read their terms before you bought it? most places charge restocking, unless they sent you the wrong thing to begin with.

i have bought from ultrarev before and have never had a problem with them, granted i'm buying the right thing for my vehicle and not trying to jerry rig something to work.

here is their terms, its clearly stated.
http://www.ultrarev.com/help.php?section=conditions

· Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yes, however DC does not use the same tip on ALL of their exhausts, on my last sol I had one that measured out to 2.75" at the tip, 4.25 will not fit at all. So "Universal" is hardly a term they should be using for a part that wont fit "universally" in DC's exhaust kits. DC sells a 2.5" that obviously wont work "universally" in all of their mufflers either. Perhaps if they posted the Flange size, instead of some stupid measurement that has nothing to do with the fitment of the part then I could see where your comming from. And any companies "policies" can be changed in order to keep a customer comming back, esp when that customer was inquiring about having a store credit towards a future order with the funds that would have been returned.

Oh and forgot to mention, they didnt ship out my other parts until I asked when they were going to ship them. Do I asked to cancel the order since they had yet to ship, they said sure, but id still have to pay the restocking fee. Now thats some AWESOME customer service.

Khrys obviously your new to the D series game, that is all we do, jerry rig shit left and right.

· Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
2,805 Posts
i'm sorry but i honestly dont see a problem with this, you bought a piece that you werent sure was going to work in the first place.
being that it was made for a dcsports exhaust i would expect it to fit a dcsports exhaust. i would say the 3" core is the pipe inside the muffler and not the tip, and dcsports prolly uses the same tip for alot of their mufflers.
so you bought something that you hoped would work and now you are mad they want to charge you a restocking fee for returning it? did you read their terms before you bought it? most places charge restocking, unless they sent you the wrong thing to begin with.

i have bought from ultrarev before and have never had a problem with them, granted i'm buying the right thing for my vehicle and not trying to jerry rig something to work.

Contact Us :: UltraRev.com
DCSports' universal mufflers have a 4in exhaust tip according to their website so a 4.25in silencer would not fit. They do not say what their premade exhausts mufflers use on the website but I downloaded their product catalog.

Edit/Update: DCSports' catalog says their catback systems use a 4in tip as well and that the "core size" designation is for the 3in inlet, 2.5in inlet etc to match the sizing of the internal piping of the muffler. So even if you had a DCSports muffler it would not have fit.

· Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
3,709 Posts
I do not understand this. I've been reading about it more and more lately.
Don't these people realize that this is not 1992? Screwing someone is not on the
DL anymore. We have forums like DSO which are a virtual "meet" every single day..
and we are their bread and butter. Not the dude that buys some glow gauges and
never purchases anything from them again.

When I read something that a DSO member posts about a company screwing them
and I find their complaint to be legit, I do not buy from that company. And if I was buying from that company, I quit doing so.

Hope you get it resolved, bro. It's the principal of the whole thing. It could be a
$3 part or a $1000 part.

· Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
11,993 Posts
I do not understand this. I've been reading about it more and more lately.
Don't these people realize that this is not 1992? Screwing someone is not on the
DL anymore. We have forums like DSO which are a virtual "meet" every single day..
and we are their bread and butter. Not the dude that buys some glow gauges and
never purchases anything from them again.

When I read something that a DSO member posts about a company screwing them
and I find their complaint to be legit, I do not buy from that company. And if I was buying from that company, I quit doing so.

Hope you get it resolved, bro. It's the principal of the whole thing. It could be a
$3 part or a $1000 part.
this.

Reactions: 79hilux90crx

· Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
2,626 Posts
sorry you got hosed man, but thanks for letting us know how shady they are...wont be doing business with them anytime ever.

· Registered
24 Posts
Ya thanks for the heads up, I'd be pissed as fuck too if I bought something that wouldn't fit and wouldn't take back even when it's their own damn fault.

· Registered
97 honda coupe
9,742 Posts

allthough i dont disagree with your viewpoint, this guy is obviously not in the wrong in any possible way. yet they continue to pile on the corprate bullshit on him.

ifhe was in the wrong it would have been pointed out allready but he isnt.

· Banned
1,729 Posts

Youre retarded...

Any chance this Ultra Rev is located in Lexington, KY? LOL.

Fuck that place. Id be livid.

· Registered
1,448 Posts
Burn it down and yes I am sure after a few pages of the hatred for bullshit companies that maybe UltraRev may change their mind and either reimburse the OP or just give him the part he ordered!

· Registered
761 Posts
i have nothing to do with that company other that buying something from them. i guess my experience was on the other end of the spectrum. i work at a new car dealership.

· Premium Member
95 Solvic, 93 dS si
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh so you mean that they did their job?

regardless they still sent a part that wouldnt even fit the application they said it would.

you sir are a nuthugger

· Registered
93 honda del sol s
130 Posts
Thanks for letting us know man, nothings worse than crap customer service, i feel like when its like that, they hire dicks just to make you mad...If your looking for good service and good quality Tunersports.com, always have great deals and free shipping on alot of parts, and one of my favorites weaksauceparts.com, i really like them also :)

· Registered
same
3,419 Posts
I work for a huge company and as frustrating as it is to navigate our phone system( press 1 for english, blah bla blah) we still go out of our way to help people. and we took 268 million calls last year. This is an example of really bad customer service on this companies part. they think that we are just some stupid shmucks who know what good customer service is. hope they burn.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.