Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have all seen the no name ebay lowering components all day long. in the past i have used the "coilover" version on my 98 ej8 for mild performance and appearance and have been happy with the result considering the cost effectiveness. (good bang for your buck). and now i have a new budget build and see these no name springs claiming 1.75f and 1.5r drops along with the "traditional coilovers" i have seen and used in the past. my question is since they are essentially the same price, which do you think is better or preffer? and more importantly why?

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
I am running those drop springs. I got them for free. However, on my chassis it lowers the front way too much. That is probably because of the extra weight of the 4wd. Anyway, they ride really smooth and are far to soft IMO to be of any performance benefit.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Using cheap suspension parts is like trusting your penis to a condom you got from a crack head on a corner.

The de facto standard is Koni shocks and Ground Control sleeves/springs. There are less expensive solutions that are decent. They are more expensive solutions that aren't. Get the best quality you can afford from a REAL brand (KYB, Bilstein, Koni, H&R, Eibach, etc.).

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
stay away from blues i learned the hard way. ebay sleeves are a no bro ask me how i know. being a impatient put me in my situation now with legit springs (progress) and shitty shocks (tokico blues). the shocks are what was left from running ebay sleeves.

·
Registered
96 Civic 4dr
58 Posts
Static does refer typically to coilovers or just a general set drop. You can raise and lower with them but you can't do it on the fly. Now Koni yellows and GC seem way over priced to me. You can pick up some Form and Functions or progressive coilovers for less and have a solid ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i don't think anyone denies that if you could afford name brand that they would go that way. like i've said i've use the coil over set up and was happy with it in the past on my ej8 so i will most likely go that route on my ej2 because yes i too fear over dropping. lol. thanks for the replys guys. also my bad on the deffinition of "static" thanks for the ed.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,358 Posts
only VW people would know that.... i suspect bans coming for all who knew coils are static!! haha

·
Registered
91 Civic
1,183 Posts
honestly i like my ebay coilovers on skunk2 sports its very comfertable cheapered to other lowered cars is what most of my honda friends tell me(speed bumps say otherwise).on it handles pretty good for dirt cheap no name 14in tires 15mph corners at 35-40mph ;).

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex Turbo
1,826 Posts

·
Registered
civic, xB
6 Posts
My ej1 came with ebay coils from the previous owner. personally I feel the ride is horrible. Way too bouncy for me. I basically had to lift the car back up to about an inch below stock just to get rid of some bounce. im in the process of redoing the whole suspension so Im trying to decide what brand of coilover sets to go with now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts