Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, my name is TJ, i usually just read all the forums but im in desperate need of some help. so while i was putting gas on my car, a cop parks behind me and ask for my license and registration....long story short he ends up searching my car, and also popping my hood, he gave me a modified exhaust ticket.

1997 honda civic DX hatch
D15b vtec
the engine is completely stock,even have the stock cat and also the resonator.

i just got the p28 ECU (i was running a P2P)
and i plan on welding the old exhaust back on.

im running out of options, and i really dont know what to do...
is their any way i can make this car pass state referee?

P.S.i live in so-cal (yes i know,i hate this place also but i have no choice)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey, my name is TJ, i usually just read all the forums but im in desperate need of some help. so while i was putting gas on my car, a cop parks behind me and ask for my license and registration....long story short he ends up searching my car, and also popping my hood, he gave me a modified exhaust ticket.

D15b vtec

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
state referee...need some madd help

D15b vtec

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
fail no need for 3 different threads with the exact same info.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
fail no need for 3 different threads with the exact same info.

Reactions: 19si91

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
ROFL!! He sent you to a ref for noise violation?? ok so heres the deal. You cannot be louder than 85 db @ 2 feet away at a 45* angle from the muffler. Your worst enemy here is ANY popping your exhaust makes. Cause popping makes the db meter jump. If you have all the stock pipe from front to back you'll have no problem. Make an appointment. ref's are good people, i know some, and some are good friends. I am certified smog tech for CA. op was being a d-bag so dont sweat it. the ref does not give a f*ck about the enforment hes there to do a job. Dont stress so much. You'll be fine with stock exhaust. Prolly be ok with your fart can if it aint to loud.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
BTW - They CANNOT search your car w/o probable cause unless you say its ok or your on search and seizure!

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
its 95db not 85db unless they changed it

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
joo gotz teh neg rep.

before you go twisting your panties let me explain it to ya in plain fabulous caps lock:

ONE THREAD WAS ENOUGH. COMPRENDE?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
jdm d15b = no go, technically. its not legal as there is no US counterpart. there is the z1, but then you have to run the egr and thats only in the "eg" cars. a ref might pass you, but i doubt it. if one does, another might not. just so you know....

also, the cop cant pull you over for a noise ticket if your at a gas station with the car off. check the ticket for the location and time of the ticket. hopefully you have a gas receipt for the gas you were getting. if so, take that with you to court so you can shove it up the cops ass. just make sure you leave your car at home and take something that is bone stock to court with you ;)

cop also cant search your car with out permission (as stated). the hood pop is legal cause its not locked, but the trunk and glove are no go if they are locked, even with permission to search the cab. so long as a dog doesnt come and say there are drugs in it, they cant search that part.... guess who never keeps anything but the reg in the cab and whos trunk is locked at all times? me. hood pop? not scared, cause once i mod the latch goes bye bye. a cop is not a certified mech for the state, so he isnt allowed to make road side repairs or tamper with your personal property (the car). only thing they can do is remove your plates, if they have justifiable reason.

edit: count your blessings the cop was actually nice and didnt tow your car away for the illegal engine swap. the cop probably didnt care cause they look for DOHC not SOHC engines "mostly"... had they towed it, it would be 30 days till you get it back or forfeit it to the state after that (iirc, you have 12 hours to get it after release or its auto forfeit) the state will just crush the thing. :-|

its 95db not 85db unless they changed it
werd.. though they did make a ton of changes in 2009 (iirc). maybe that was one of them, but i doubt it.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
damn three threads?

aww a mod/admin was nice enough to combine them all into one for you. look at all the gibberish! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts