Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently bought a 2000 Honda civic lx Sedan, I did not know the card had rod knock until I got there to buy it. I still bought it. I am currently in the process of ripping down the engine and rebuilding, does anyone know what the best brand for rods and pistons would be. I also need help finding a good air intake. I have a D16Y7 with a D16Y8 intake manifold. As of right now I have a fuel rail, cam gear, valves, valve springs, new shifting linkage, a flywheel, and clutch. All performance parts. For pistons I need something that can Handle boost If I decide to turbo it.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,012 Posts
you going to have the block machined? if its knocking, are you sure the crank is still any good? the walls or girdle ok? when you take it to the machine shop, find out all these things and ask what they recommend for bearings and rings.... they may tell you to source a new engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once the engine is out of the car I am going to bring it to a machine shop to have the block notched for new rods, the walls and girdle are fine as far as I can tell, the crank I haven't really looked at yet. If I have to source a new engine, what do you think the best D series is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts