Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm obviously new to the forum and I'm looking for any help possible with the start of my build and ongoing help through the process. So too start I have been looking to actually build a car myself sort of a "project car" for years and I finally found a great deal on a 92 Honda Civic DX with the d15b7. Now the selling point for me was the car is quite old but only has 48xxx miles, shifts smooth and is completely stock with only 1 owner. Anyways enough about that the reason I need some guidance is that I don't know much about building power with these engines and what Is all needed (parts, upgrades, etc...) I do have a few goals
1. Can still be daily driven and fun
2. 200hp not a ton but still fun (I have a diesel already that dynos in the high 600s at 42psi so I'm not looking to be crazy)
3. Forced induction (obviously)
4.Keep/make the engine reliable.
5.budget friendly. I understand some things will cost quite a lot, but my money pit is my truck.

Yes I do understand the B7 has weak rods and yes I know there are probably other discussions about this just looking for help from individuals with experience building the d15b7. I am currently redoing the suspension and brakes so it will handle better on more HP. Sorry for the long read but all help is appreciated and if more clarification is needed im more than happy to do so.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
leave it the fuck alone. go buy another beater, that thing is unmolested and should stay that way

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,723 Posts
48K on the clock? Did you get a good deal on it?

If so, put that shit up on BringATrailer and see how much people will pay you for it haha. Classic unmolested hondas are going for stupid amounts on BAT.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes 48xxx on the clock i got it for 1500 from an old family friend lol. And also I appreciate you saying to keep it stock but he was going to turn it into a demo derby car before I bought it (I don't know why). So I don't feel to bad about working on it since he was going to ruin it

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,723 Posts
Yes 48xxx on the clock i got it for 1500 from an old family friend lol. And also I appreciate you saying to keep it stock but he was going to turn it into a demo derby car before I bought it (I don't know why). So I don't feel to bad about working on it since he was going to ruin it
Pictures of this gem please, before it gets f'ed in the hatch with no lube!

Because you say you want forced induction, the road to staying reliable at 200whp isnt all that difficult. There are TONS of write ups with guys doing pistons and rods, and ebay turbo kits on 7-9psi making that, lots have had success with stock bottom ends (at your own risk). Do some more reading, there is a lot more that goes into turbo'ing a D than just a 'kit', like injectors and ECU modifications. You will eventually find the build thread you want to copy :)

OR you could throw this thing in your diesel bed and ratchet strap it down, rig up some long pedal, shifter and steering linkages, and BAM, turbo DIESEL civic with 600HP

Photo caption Jaw Fictional character

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I took a couple pictures for you. It has a couple paint scuffs but no big deal it old. And like I said I got it from the previous owner as he was saying screw it so he had thrown an intake in and rattle canned a little, but thats all he did before I got it thankfully. Honestly I've seen way worse rattle can before though lol

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
That short AEM intake is costing you power and TQ.

D15Beast7, +33 whp with easy parts.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
you didn't say it was a 4 door. I retract my previous statements. burn it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.