Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 crx with a d16a6 swap and it's having a hard time starting. i turn the key and it just cranks and it will fire every so often but wont start. i do this for about 5 seconds or so at a time and by the third try it normally starts. if the car has been running or i drive somewhere and shut it off for a few minutes and then get back in and try to start it, it normally starts right up but once it sits for a period of time it does this. i've checked the fuses and everthings fine there and i dont really see anything wrong with the wiring either. it's like it's not getting fuel or something? maybe something with the dizzy? any help would be great.

thanks, chris

·
Registered
243 Posts
sounds like the dizzy is retarded too much. the lower timing should make it harder to start, i had that prob with my camaro. I have no clue about the starting up easier once it ran for a while. but i would check the dizzy, may need a new cap/rotor or a timing adjustment.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked the dizzy today and it was turned all the way to the rear of the car which would be advanced right? either way i turned it to tdc and it's still doing it. i looked at the cap and it had like a white corrison in it and the posts looked the same. the rotar was clean on the front side of the metal piece and the back was lightly rusted. i've never seen anything like that but i'm going to replace them and see if that helps but something tells me its' more than just a cap and rotar.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would check your valve lash in addition to replacing your cap & rotor, check your plugs to make sure they aren't fouled....if they are clean them.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i'm using a pm6 ecu and the plugs are new ngk's gapped to spec. the mpfi looks ok from what i can see although the swap was done before i bought the car. thanks for your help guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts