Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all, im not cutting it short on this, im shooting for about 300hp. i have a 1995 civic coupe, stock d16z6 rigt now, i have another d16z6 bottom end that im gonna build up. and put in.

so far, i have,
vitara pistons and custom rods(RCAutoworks)
ARP head studs
ACL race bearings(STD size)

im currently waiting on the parts so i can take it to a local machine shop.

i need advice on what valve terrain, cam, all that good shit.
I WANNA BE RELIABLE AT 300-350HP

is an LSD worth the 800$ if so, what kind.

plan on getting,
edlebrock intake mani
go auto works turbo kit, the one for 2300$ comes with everything
random chase bay shit, new cam gear, and crank pully/harmonic balancer, give me ideas on what else i should get...

and if anyone has any idea on what my crank/piston to wall/and rod clearances should be, help me out.

thanks guys.

here is a pic of my car, i got this on a trade for an EK hatch i got for 1300. lol.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Stock head will do just fine for 300 hp but I would recommend a delta 272-2 regrind and new springs. No need to upgrade the retainers and valves. You could get new valves but it's up to you. Get an m factory dif as it is the popular choice around here. Also get you car tuned with either a chipped ecu or a stand alone unit like the s300 from Hondata everything else looks great. Also port the oil pump and open up all the oil passages you can reach. Helps maximize flow. A simple clean up on the intake runners an a good polish on the exhaust runners is the only thing really recommended as far as P&P goes. GL

Nice car by the way. Makes me miss mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
.003 for p2w, you should plastigage the crank and rod bearings to make sure they are in the oem spec range (can be found in a helms manual). You will also need to notch your block and girdle to fit the bigger rods. The stock crank pulley is fine, no need to waste the money on a bisi or etc at the goal you want, x2 on the delta 272-2. Hope this helps

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
No need for the eb intake manny, or the aftermarket crank pully.
What about injectors, fuel pump, map sensor, all that other little stuff?
Stock cam will work, or just go with a delta cam, with aftermarket springs.
And a good TUNE!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
link for the delta 272-2 cam, or the bisi eq.
and im getting s300, ill have it dyno tuned, after we break in the bottom end, and get all the turbo stuff on, im gonna run about 12-15 lbs, what map should i use, and injectors, like, 550's? or 750's?
anything else?

·
Registered
94 civic hatch
337 Posts
3 bar map, id go 750cc if you can get them, Remember a larger turbo will reach 300whp easier then a smaller one. So boost psi really doesnt mean much. Search some build threads!!

·
Registered
Honda Civic
599 Posts
get a garrett GT2860R there good up to 360hp. well, im running the GT2554R. i pretty much got the turbo max out lol. its a blast to drive. remember "dont buy cheap shit".

·
Registered
12 Posts
get a garrett GT2860R there good up to 360hp. well, im running the GT2554R. i pretty much got the turbo max out lol. its a blast to drive. remember "dont buy cheap shit".
You said it best! i am running a gt2871r, and they are fun to drive, i make boost at around 2100 rpms all the way up to 8000, my old z6 in stock trim made 253 hp on 9 psi on 111 octane. if you are looking for reliabilty, run an oem cam so the car idles smooth, my old setup was making power to 8000.

·
Registered
em2
91 Posts
We have similar goals! Lsd has been my focus of research as I'm going to be pulling a trany soon... but yeah mfactory just won a lot of respect here due to their cs and just being in the threads adding side notes and what not. And your gonna want the heliacle type if that wasn't obvious...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts