Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters, plz forgive my ignorance. I can turn a wrench, but I’m no mechanic... I’ve got an issue with an “intermittent starter”? When I push in th clutch and turn th key, Th starter cuts in and out and eventually turns over... makes a nasty noise if I’ve left in in gear... there’s a wire thats a “clutch cancel” beneath th dash plastic that I’m pretty sure is my issue... my question is what’s it called? And where is it located exactly? Just a pic of it would be appreciated. I’ve got a pick and pull super close to my house, I just need to know wat to grab exactly. Thanks in advance, I look forward to any info that can b provided!

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,007 Posts
the clutch interlock switch is mounted to the clutch pedal frame .

to test if it is your problem you can unplug and jumper the wires on the plug.
its switch A.

you have other issues if the starter makes scary sounds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob, thanks for th response! I appreciate th diagram and will tackle it soon... is that switch an easy removal/replacement?

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
It’s kind of a bitch to get at. You can lay on your back and reach up and get it or you can unbolt the fuse box and squeeze your arm through to reach it that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.