Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pre turbo, i never had this problem. now, every time i start the car the starter goes through at least 6-8 revs before starting the motor. car runs perfect after that.

is there anything specific to a turbo'd engine that would cause this or is it coincidence? can i check the health of my starter somehow? would it be a timing issue?...i set teh dizzy to factory specs. also i have the valve cover vent running to the intake tube on the cold side of turbo for vacuum...could there be oil blowby clogging up the turbo thus not letting enough air in?

im a noob to turbo's so any advice would be appreciated.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,444 Posts
too lazy to see if you have a build thread. but do you have bigger injectors?? and what do you mean by 6-8 revs????? you mean 6-8 seconds?:beer:

Reactions: rattmann316

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
If you are saying that you need to hold the key and it revs 6-8 times before starting then you might be running rich because of bigger injectors(if you even have them...)

And in cold weather my car takes a little longer to start too...also if i'm low on gas it takes longer to start too...

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
i had that issue too. i cured it by waiting for the fuel pump to finish priming, then starting it. still doesnt fire up instantly, but i dont mind it.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
i'm still new to turbo's as well...but i would have to guess that everyone is right about the pump priming...remember you are using more fuel than before and therefore taking a bit longer for it to properly prime and fire up...but i could be wrong too...just my $.02

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
My car has always been a little delayed when starting. Turbo or not.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i havent played with crome too much, but with KPRO there is an option for "cranking fuel trim" for that reason. depending on your weather, you might have to adjust the fuel trim on it...specially if your goin with larger injectors.

im in my office, so i dont have crome on my pc to actually take a look.

tony

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
i had a similar problem...

re-gap your spark plugs and make sure they're torqued to 13 ft. lbs.
and also turn the key once and let the fuel pump kick on, then start it.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i have this same issue, even made a thread about it and got no responses :neutral:

although mine happened as soon as i converted to obd1 and went with Crome. when i ran TE, it started like stock. i double and triple checked dizzy timing and it didnt help at all. ive even tried cycling the key 3 or 4 times to let the pump prive over and over, and that didnt help. im beginning to think that i need to mess wtih some of the settings on Crome...

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
i am thinking it is a problem with crome. and i think there is a cranking fuel setting. but i am also at work and cannot check.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts