Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 honda civic lx
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So alternator was bad...was checked and voltage regulator was no good - bo kit for it so bought one for 160 I think...get set up go under the car to find this.... I knew about a possible small oil pan leak.. but then saw cooland near the transmission mount up......so went and got some gaskets but start with the alternator swap...around 8pm...come 3am im nodding out underneath the car...ive heard this is common but the lower mounting bolt WOULD. NOT, BUDGE,,,,sure plenty of rounding out though...don't have access to flame/cutter etc...so was thinking straight saw blade to the nut on one end and punch the rest through IF possible...left it home today soaking in pb, blast, wd40 and that crc freeze spray. This is also my first automatic that ive owned...:TD:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
to get the old alternator out?

cut the head off, remove the top bracket, and swing that hammer, who cares if you destroy the old alternator.

she will come loose

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
^ figured you'd pop in here when I saw those lol

So is this 458 or the 458 gtb? Maybe a turbo twin prop Cessna 350?

Either way get some 16 point sockets for this type of job in the future. Do you know how to use an easy out type system? Its how I removed a head stud I broke off in a Harley back in 2000.

Also have you tried taking the bracket off the block w/alternator still attached? Wont get you leverage, but gets you shyt loads more access.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts