Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys, just to let you know that this monday start the building of my turbo set up, hopefully it will be finished this sunday.

I´ll let you know final results, but first I have to break in my engine and clutch, for 500 miles, doing first oil change at 100 miles then 300 and at 500 I´ll put mobil 1.

Do you think that I also have to change the oil filter on the first to oil changes?? or just the oil, and oil and filter on the 500 miles change.

I´m going to put a magnet on my oil pan, to keep on it the metal.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, guys, just to let you know that this monday start the building of my turbo set up, hopefully it will be finished this sunday.

I´ll let you know final results, but first I have to break in my engine and clutch, for 500 miles, doing first oil change at 100 miles then 300 and at 500 I´ll put mobil 1.

Do you think that I also have to change the oil filter on the first to oil changes?? or just the oil, and oil and filter on the 500 miles change.

I´m going to put a magnet on my oil pan, to keep on it the metal.
Sorry, someone please this thread because I put it two times!!!

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
we will call this thread the good one :)

change oil and filter every time... the bigger metal shavings from the piston rings setting will be in the filter and the smaller ones will be mixed with the oil... change at 20 miles, 100 miles, 300 miles, 500 miles, 1000 miles, 2000 miles... its probably ok to put synthetic in after 1000 miles... magnetic drain plug is good idea...

drive the car as hard as you possibly can as soon as it is started and finished warming up (as long as its tuned properly)... and remember to vary your rpms... stop go stop go is a good idea.

and it wouldnt hurt to have the turbo on when you are doing this either... just not too high on the psi... 7 is probably good... the more pressure in the cylinder helps the piston rings expand and press against the cylinder walls and helps seat better.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for info , I´ll do that.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I´ll post pictures on weekend

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
thats too many oil changes IMO

first start up, let the car get to operating temp. change the oil/filter.
second startup, start breaking in the engine and rings. full throttle in 2nd and 3rd, then let the engine slow you down. do this about 12-15 times. change oil
drive the car for 1500, change oil
regular oil changes from then on

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After how many miles , can I go to launch the car and make som runs on 1/4 mile???

Full throttle on 2nd and 3rd with turbo at 7 psi is ok?? or I have to run 0 psi on the turbo.

I´m getting confused, please give more info.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good info, thanks

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I´ll find out

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
the one on the fron almost looks like coolant sensor
yea, there's normally a bolt there...

i hope thats not a crack i see where the oil feed fitting is, is it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.