Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I sold my zc and got a z6 only I found out that that the z6 had a broken rod so the crank is gone and I need some new rods. and I'm having a hard time finding a good crank. well for now I will rebuild it new everything on the bottom end with some pm3 flatop pistons the head I will port and polish myself with some dual spring retainers and I have heard that the crower stage 3 cam was the best for an na application so I will get one of thoes. I still have my 954 itb's also so I think that will be a nice little street runner. I will get some pics up soon when I start to get parts for the build.

later next winter I wand to sleeve the block and put in some 80 mm high comp pistons and maybe a d17 crank and rods but the sleeving for sure I would like to see what a 1.8(2.0 d17 crank) can do single cam vtec.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sounds very familiar.. Check my thread if you're not read it already..
And one tip for you, before you even start gathering those parts.. Get proper rods and pistons! I went to PM7+stock rods w/ ARPs route, and now I'm scared as hell to rev it 8k everyday :D
It just loves to rev, and 8k limit is too low IMO.. Will dyno my car next week, see how high it makes power..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah here I only have 91 octane avalible so with the pm3 that I have in the z6 will bring the compression to 11.2:1 so that will be good for now. when I resleeve the block I will have to get forged pistons and I will get a set of tunner toys rods or something like that.

hey rushi how are the cbr injectors holding up with the high compression and the cam situation?

and does anyone have a good d16 crank avalible? any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
857 Posts
I wouldn't choose TT rods for high rpm NA, because they have cheaper/weaker bolts. I would prefer Crower MaxiLight I-profile rods, or Eagles with ARP2000 bolts.

About the injectors, they seems to be more than adequate. I read from some (iirc it was Megasquirt) forum that someone had CBR954RR ITBs and those same 12-hole injectors in 160hp MG rally engine, and he told that injector dutycycle was only 50%. According to that and quick calculator, these injectors should be adequate for ~250hp engine atleast. They just have to be big for very high-rpm bike engine. I haven't checked what my dutycycle is yet, or flowed those injectors, but next week I dyno my engine I record a logs and they tell DC too.

I should flow-check those injectors too, maybe when I have some time and weather gets warmer.

BTW, have you found sleeves that allow 80mm bore? or even 81mm, so it would be easy to find pistons 8) Biggest that I've found was JG ones and 79mm.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool that injector question has bothered me for a little bit now it's good to have someone with good experience like that. I was reading that ls rods can be put into a d16 and I already have arp rod bolts for ls rods. I read that ls rods can hold up to 300whp there will be noway I would make that na even with the bigger bore

1 - 6 of 6 Posts