Honda D Series Forum banner

Which of these engines is your favorite/most fun

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Lowered stock
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just recently bought a 97 EK hatch (ej6 I believe) and I plan on making it into my first and ultimate project car. It only has a d16y7 in it and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on what to start with? I know I want to give it a vtec head and to boost it later on, but I don't know where else to start and what will affect what. I got the service manual for it and plan on replacing and building the whole thing myself besides maybe a few things here and there (like wiring). I don't know all of exactly what upgrades what but I would like to get a higher torque/hp of course. I'm going to be replacing the control arms, coils, wheels, tires, brakes, calipers, rotors...basically everything but it would be nice to get some suggestions on where to start and where I could get some further research done on these things. Appreciate the help, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
Lowered stock
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i plan on putting on a vtec head but idk which would be a good idea to do. Don't know much about the d series, but i do want to keep it for a while, boost it and get my car going. Any manufacturers you guys can suggest on like coil overs, control arms and all those doohickies? :D

·
Registered
Lowered stock
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so im going to get some form and function type 2.5 coils, my next question is when i swap out my block head for a vtec one does it matter what d series one i get or should i look for a specific one?

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic STD
197 Posts
All I can say is read about all motor, nitrous and turbo. figure which one is in your budget, goal and mechanical abilities. A d series motor will more than do the trick for any application as long as you do your research.

·
Registered
Lowered stock
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as far as budget, i don't necessarily have a limit it would be more in just time in getting parts. I try to find the most i can on each thing but most of the time i just find builds (parts that are added in) instead of actual info on them =/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.