Honda D Series Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,350 Posts
Newer trans, such as 96+ seems to have many more points to cause bleeding. Like what happened today when dropping off a Y8 that I installed a MF LSD.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,187 Posts
its marks from the castings. they used sand and shit happens. nothing to worry about

·
Registered
97 Del Sol
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
In other news, after two days in my electrolysis tank I pulled out the worst of the mounts I managed to grab.

Before

After

I took it out once before to get the broken mount off, since the bolt was seized on. I need to brush, spray and otherwise clean it still, but the rust is gone. Then I will of course paint it.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
511 Posts
In other news, after two days in my electrolysis tank I pulled out the worst of the mounts I managed to grab.

Before

After

I took it out once before to get the broken mount off, since the bolt was seized on. I need to brush, spray and otherwise clean it still, but the rust is gone. Then I will of course paint it.
This is one of my top 1 things I dislike about Canada, fucking roadsalt :)

Born and raised in Ontario! The rest of Canada is fine haha.

·
Registered
97 Del Sol
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
After manual brush clean up.

I tried to have a go at the interior as well, but few of my brushes can reach inside, so the best I have is chemical and high pressure cleaning for that.

·
Registered
97 Del Sol
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I received my clutch pedal today, and after some looking it over, it seems like it was previously 'restored'. The restoration while dubious does appear to have at least prevented additional rust.

However they seemed to have welded some random round stock to the end of the pedal for some unknown reason. The normal neck seems fine and it's not providing additional support to the pedal itself. Is there a reason for this, is it simply extra weight to make the pedal easier to press or was my first reaction of cutting these off correct. I can weld on some much better positioned flat stock if it really needs it.

Additionally, without the master cylinder installed the spring pulls instead of resists after a distance, is this normal? With the master cylinder (but without any fluid), it seems to resist and then locks downward, just less so.

I plan to clean and repaint this part regardless.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts