1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
get a new fuel pump man! :TU:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
whatever the injectors were flow tested at. if you did not get this info, i would contact the maker of the injector or get them flow tested.

also, i would suggest a better pump (as others have stated).

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wondered what they would flow, What pump would you recommend? A walbro 255?

I'm in the UK so bit harder to get 1.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
almost any 255 will work, as most are copies of the walbro anyway. going above the recommended psi will be detramental to the injectors. plus, you will not have to do the math to figure out how many cc's your actually flowing.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I'm lost to your theories on this, sorry.

I know what pressure a standard Evo run's at, and its about the same.
think of a water hose. when you see the water comming out at a steady rate, that would be the idel pressure to run throught that hose. now think about when you turn it up more and the water starts spraying out of it cause the hose is too small for the flow. do you get it now?

injectors are the same way. too much pressure will change the spray pattern and the amount it flows. and as another side effect, it will also damage the internal components. this is the same reason why a FMU is so bad.

·
Registered
89 Posts
quick question, how much a standard fuel pump for a d16z6 be able to run before an upgrade is needed? (255 pump) Im planning on turboin my z6 soon but only runnin a greddy kit claims 6psi. Until I build the internals and up the boost. Also, I plan on this being a dd.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
quick question, how much a standard fuel pump for a d16z6 be able to run before an upgrade is needed? (255 pump) Im planning on turboin my z6 soon but only runnin a greddy kit claims 6psi. Until I build the internals and up the boost. Also, I plan on this being a dd.
damn red, talk about a thread jack. assuming you have a fuel pressure guage, you should run the stock pump till you have fuel pressure isses. then swap it out. some get away with 250 whp on the stock pump. mine only made it to 190 whp (550cc's @ 50* at wot). there was a thread not too long ago dealing with this very subject. you should have searched.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
its always better to have more fuel pressure then not enough u just got to adjust it witha FPR
x2 ... Too much you can always dial back ... not enough and you have to swap for a new one anyway.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
think of a water hose. when you see the water comming out at a steady rate, that would be the idel pressure to run throught that hose. now think about when you turn it up more and the water starts spraying out of it cause the hose is too small for the flow. do you get it now?

injectors are the same way. too much pressure will change the spray pattern and the amount it flows. and as another side effect, it will also damage the internal components. this is the same reason why a FMU is so bad.
Yes i know this.

But say you run them in an Evo. You've got a 3 bar base plus 1 bar of boost. You'd even keep this injectors upto 1.5bar, so thats going to be 4.5bar fuel pressure.

I'm running 0.6 bar, so anything between 3 and 4 bar would be fine.

·
Registered
185 Posts
damn red, talk about a thread jack. assuming you have a fuel pressure guage, you should run the stock pump till you have fuel pressure isses. then swap it out. some get away with 250 whp on the stock pump. mine only made it to 190 whp (550cc's @ 50* at wot). there was a thread not too long ago dealing with this very subject. you should have searched.
My D16Y1/D16Z6 is boosted and I'm about to install new RC 440CC injectors..

My stock pump should be fine right?

I'm only going to be running 160 whp

Cheers Guys

Luke

1 - 20 of 23 Posts