Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my d16 I put high compression piston and skunk 2 intake manifold Now I’m thinking to buy a stage 3 cam it is a good idea to put a stage 3 cam with the high compression piston? The cam it’s a stage 3 turbo but I’m not going turbo

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,306 Posts
what the fuck is a stage 3?

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,920 Posts
Stage 3 vtechs cuz, mad poppin

One companies stage 3 is another stage 5 and so forth.

You have to know the brand and series to state a stage number.

Skunk 2 pro 2's or 3's arnt the same as the tuner 2's or 3's. But if i said stage 3, did i mean pro or tuner?. One is a mental big cam the other is mild.

Also dont use a turbo cam on an all motor car. Lol there will be next to no over lap on the valves and thats what makes power on a NA car. Better off leaving stock cam over a turbo cam id bet.

Id be ok with a turbo car running a NA cam is it would just push the power up in the rpms but not the other way or will you be pushing the power down

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stage 3 vtechs cuz, mad poppin

One companies stage 3 is another stage 5 and so forth.

You have to know the brand and series to state a stage number.

Skunk 2 pro 2's or 3's arnt the same as the tuner 2's or 3's. But if i said stage 3, did i mean pro or tuner?. One is a mental big cam the other is mild.

Also dont use a turbo cam on an all motor car. Lol there will be next to no over lap on the valves and thats what makes power on a NA car. Better off leaving stock cam over a turbo cam id bet.

Id be ok with a turbo car running a NA cam is it would just push the power up in the rpms but not the other way or will you be pushing the power down
Thanks bro that help me out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts