Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, new member here but have always been browsing around.
lately have been collecting parts to peace together my turbo kit for my EM2, and have got a good amount of parts so far, im hoping by May i will be done with a solid tune

onto my question, so far i have managed to get my Crower Stage 2 turbo cam to build my D17a2 head, im wondering if i can go ahead and drop the turbo cam in as i stand NA for now. not to worried if it does not work with my stock ecu since i do have my hondata on standby, just wondering if the turbo cam would respond better than the stock vtec cam on the head

not exactly sure what the difference is between the NA cam and Turbo cam, wondering if i would see some slight gains or maybe even lack power
figured id go ahead and ask the dseries guys before i waste my time on the install and possible risk damaging something
sorry for the long post, thanks ahead of time everyone

·
Registered
753 Posts
You will have to run your s300 to get it running right w/ turbo cam.
( and if I remember right the turbo cam will have less over lap in the opening of the valves, ie bad for na)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a bummer, i figured i might as well slap on the cam for the time being to kind of let the engine get use to and break in the larger cam and have a bit more fun till i boost

So if i were to put the turbo cam with its springs and retainers with a light tune to get a correct AF mixture, think its possible for some gains as NA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, seems like its not really worth dropping it in yet, not to familiar with playing with the hondata myself and rather pay just one tune for when im boosted
and for the em2, the hondata you have to use is kpro, which is used for the k-series but can work on the D17 with a specific AEM hondata adjustable cam gear, pretty clever of hondata

1 - 7 of 7 Posts