Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at buying crower stage 2 cams for my 95 ex... I have a aem V2 , dc 4-2-1 header, and greddy evo 2 exhaust...Im looking for this to be a good street car...What else will i need besides the cam and the valvespring kit...Also is there a write up or anythinga nyone has done about the installtion on these..thanks

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Youll have to start on the bottom end to really make any power.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
mill the head or get some high com pistons. that will get you some more power........ and i would reccomend getting it tuned to take full advantage of the cam.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
well uve allready got the "basics" with the i/h/e.....just get the cam, gear, springs and retainers......personally id get a p&p and valve job done all at the same time....along with sum zc pistons!

·
Registered
873 Posts
ill use a crower stage 2 as well. but Im raising compression to 11.2 along with a crome program and a p&p'd Y8 head. that should give me some healthier torque accross the band than stock. fattening that area under the curve should be the best target for D builders with modest street tune in mind. IMO

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
how about this. Valve springs, Rods, and Higher compression pistons. tune the car and see if you make power over 8000 rpm's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help... Will i be fine if i just put the cams and the spring kit in for now with the other stuff thats done? thanks...Anyone find a write up?

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
290 Posts
ya you will be fine. get a manual, it will show you how.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts