Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my stock auto tranny run smooth with a crower stage 2 cam? I am already looking into the torque converter so, the stock tranny won't really be on there for too long. This will go into my y7/y8 mini me swap.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,434 Posts
honestly, you'll see more gain by going to a manual tranny than any cam can give.

With a 3000-3500 stall convertor, MAYBE 4000 rpm, the auto can still be "fun"..........

S

·
0 Posts
transzex said:
honestly, you'll see more gain by going to a manual tranny than any cam can give.

With a 3000-3500 stall convertor, MAYBE 4000 rpm, the auto can still be "fun"..........
lets hope this is true, bc i am going in next tuesday for my auto-manual swap on my civic. hopefully my 17.2 will improve with the trans i got from u, act flywheel, act clutch, b&m shifter, bushings, and the computer. if i hit 16.5 i will be more then happy lol

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
transzex said:

It's hard to get a z6/y8 tranny here because all we have are dx's. If there are any z6 or y8's they are imported cars from the military personnel, that is why I am highly considering a torque converter because I have a spare that I can have sent out, but till i do that I will have to stick to the stock auto tranny. Will my stock auto tranny hold up to the stage 2 crower cam?

S

·
0 Posts
reports have said up to 200whp was handled on a stock civic trans... whether or not ur driving conditions and habits are the same, that is what will tell the story. keep ur trans fluid clean and dont dog it all the time and u should be okay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts