Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone. basically, im tryin to run the cr at 11.5 and with abit of head work, im trying to find a suitable cam.

now i was hoping that anyone would have a ruff idea what extra power does stage 1 vs 2 vs 3 have, and what are the cons/pros.

so far as far as the ebay adds go, they all say makes upto 20hp. i mean thats not helpful. i tryed doing a search, but i don't think anyone has ever compaired cams before (aftermarket). i know theres a great artical about the stock d15b vs d16z6.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
what cam manufacturer?

most people believe that the crower 3 has the most power potential, rushi is making 170+HP at 7000RPM with it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
why are you going off ebay ads? Of course they gonna tell you what you wanna hear they trying to get your money...

Find a dyno slip...

·
Registered
132 Posts
im using the zex stage 2 with 12:5:1 compression...but i dont have it together so i cant tell you what kind of power it will make.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
If its a vtec cam why not go big? Thats what vtec is for, to allow a big ass cam while still retaining idle and streetability.
nonvtec cams are bigger. i think with big vtec cams they can only be so big before the lobes interfere with the rocker arms. =(

crower stage 3. would be my guess. make sure you get that head to flow nice, that will be your best bet in paring it with the cam. also a tune.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
Stg1 cams are for people that don't want to upgrade their valvetrain, likes springs and retainers. Worthless in most builders eyes, can boost midrange but does little to the top end.

Stage 2 is considered a good entry level upgrade, requires springs and retainers be upgraded, prefered for DDs.

Stage 3 is all out. I think it loses some bottom end, but I don't know much about them.

Do NOT buy no-name brand cams. I know Amkee and Crower. Some people like the Zex cams, but their stage 3 is junk from everythign I've heard.

Not much info, I know, but it's all I know on the subject, hope it helps.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crazy, well ive heard that obx is a duplicate of skunk cams? and they both use some other factory? even thow obx is a bad company, no one so far has complained partically about the cam?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts