Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna boost soon here, 6lbs greddy kit and I am in a dillema, sshould I take out my stage 1 comp cam and put the stock y8 back in....??? I want to get a pnp head with a head things like race valves and apr studs etc.... what should I do??? thanks guys

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Run the cam! You will get a better spool w/ bigger cam. I ran Stage 3 in mine ;)

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not a "turbo cam" tho, its a na one, but only a stage one..... I wanted to go with a stage 2 turbo cam, but then again, I am gonna be pushing 6 lbs, so I dont even know if all the money with bigger cam and springs and retainers would be worth it.....

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Thats what I mean, I used Stage 3 NA cam, turbo cams are a waste of money IMO. My buddie ran stock cam for long time on his turbo car and when I sold him the Zex 59300 cam he put that in an felt a big differnce! He was really happy w/ it..

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
berettagtz117 said:
Thats what I mean, I used Stage 3 NA cam, turbo cams are a waste of money IMO. My buddie ran stock cam for long time on his turbo car and when I sold him the Zex 59300 cam he put that in an felt a big differnce! He was really happy w/ it..
so if anything you'd recommend the stage 2 n/a cam, for turbo?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
SOHC_Rules said:
so if anything you'd recommend the stage 2 n/a cam, for turbo?
No not saying that. Just saying in my personal experience and what I have studdied the NA cams work really good w/ Boost. Stock cam is better than Turbo cam IMO, I would always rock a bigger NA cam in turbo than Turbo cam anyday. But yes it does help alot and takes alot of lag time out of turbo depending on size of Cam and turbo!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
then what exactly does a turbo cam do if an na one seems to do the trick?
Doesnt have massive lift for Intake only, it gives makes it pretty even so Intake air is flowing about same depth as exhaust. So basically there is less duration which is teh gay! Na all day w/ boost :)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts
A turbo cam has less overlap to prevent the bosst charge from blowing out the exhaust. Usually same lift as NA, little less duration, overlap or LSA (lobe seperation angle) is the key.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts