Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Want To Know If Anyone Is Using A Turbo Kit From Ssautochrome... I Have A Zc Vtec And I Want To Turbocharger It!!!!...i Planing On Runining A Vitara Pistons With Eagle Rods...abuot 15psi For Street And 20-22 Psi For The Track Set Up With A Greddy E-manage.

D

·
0 Posts
Personally I dont like the emanage but there are plenty of ppl who have had good luck with it. But my honest opinion is with the amount of power your trying to create I would consider buying quality equipment. There are some guys on here that are using ss auto maybe see how it works out for them. Before you go out and get your own It reallly sounds like your off to a good start though. Oh also I think thats way too much for the emanage as well (psi wise) Try some better management for a project like that IMO

R

·
0 Posts
Im a n00b and from the things I have found whilst searching I have decided that even though they are cheap, ssautochrome isnt the way to go.

F

·
0 Posts
ssautosuck.

great if you like your wastegate mounted on the ground, and you have to enjoy boost creep, and not mind if your compressor splits in half now and then.

A

·
0 Posts
ssautochrome is good for piping... oh yeah and couplers... but thats about it.
everyone on here who has ever gotten an autochrome kit has had problems with the manifolds... they have to brace them because they won't hold up to the weight and pressure over time. If you get an autochrome kit and go with a different manifold, i think you'd be better off... but at that point, just save yourself the headache and get the greddy kit. they can be found on ebay for just slightly more than the autochrome kits, at around $1300

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about the t3/t4 turbocharger with 38mm wastegate and blow off that they offer on ebay??? this turbo could hold about 20psi???

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Sure it could....for a few days until it cracks, seizes up or plain falls off! Do NOT buy from them for the last time!

R

·
0 Posts
Reading is sooo boring, ive been reading for 3-4months now and I still dont feel comfortable with boosting :(

·
Registered
379 Posts
do it right the first time. Your ride will thank you later.

F

·
0 Posts
RJwaggs said:
Reading is sooo boring, ive been reading for 3-4months now and I still dont feel comfortable with boosting :(
you could try the other method of learning, just slap a kit on, do everything wrong, blow the motor up, and spend alot of money starting over.

your call.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
FooK said:
you could try the other method of learning, just slap a kit on, do everything wrong, blow the motor up, and spend alot of money starting over.

your call.
LMFAO!!:bigrofl:

R

·
0 Posts
FooK said:

your call.

Exactly why I am still reading :werd:

O

·
0 Posts
kenepo_11 said:
I Want To Know If Anyone Is Using A Turbo Kit From Ssautochrome... I Have A Zc Vtec And I Want To Turbocharger It!!!!...i Planing On Runining A Vitara Pistons With Eagle Rods...abuot 15psi For Street And 20-22 Psi For The Track Set Up With A Greddy E-manage.
first off vitras are stock pistons, they are cast. they won't hold out for long running 20 psi on them.
If your wanting this thing to last why not sto trying to cut corners and do it right? get yourelf a set of good quality aftermarket pistons? I recommend endyn rollerwaves myself. that have been known to allow people to run 20-21lbs of boost on pump 93 fuel before. the piston design is better than any otehr guys out there, and their pistons come pre-preped for install unlike the otehr guys. (www.theoldone.com) Trust me when I say do not cut corners. you will regret it. those cast pistons will let loose onyou at the wrong time and ruin that motor so don't take thc chance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts