Honda D Series Forum banner

SSAC wastegate

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  93_DelSol 
#1 ·
this is a clarification request - i've heard the bad about the SSAC manifolds and what not - yet i'm still sorta tempted to buy one...there was a "package" deal with a manifold and wastegate for like 170 bucks...anyways i know the manifolds were iffy - but i also heard they were iffy because of the downpipes that were possibly sold with them did not fit perfectly, so things were made to fit and ended up cracking the manifold (can anyone verify this). my question is...is the ssac wastegate good for low boost settings...i was thinking of something around 6psi - and supposedly the package deal comes with a 5.83 psi spring... i thought i heard that the wg was bad when you turned to boost up above 10psi... but 6 should be ok...can anyone verify this also?

#3 ·
^^^ thanks for the info

on another note...sorry bout the post...i didn't think to search first. Right after i posted this i thought to myself...."maybe i should search"...and then i did...and then it hit me..."sigh...i'm going to get flamed" - oh well.

could the mods close this?

or...leave it open for people who want to put stuff on here? :noway:

G
#4 ·
a aquaintence of mine had the mani and the dp didnt fit right so he had to mod the DP to fit...i guess it was ata a shitty angle and he rewelded the mani but for what its worth paying someone 25-50 bucks to go over some welds id say do it anyway, lord knows im gonna:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.