Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tried their 3" exhaust out? I am gonna need an exhaust and I was lookin at the Kteller mild steel (for the price) but then I saw that ssauto has a 3" SS system.

Hows it sound and does it make good power?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I was gonna, but its like 450 dollars for the exhaust, test pipe, gaskets, etc. and the SSauto is like $200 plus like $44 for shipping, and I am getting low on money.

I need to get an exhaust soon though because I don't want to pay $600 for tuning twice.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Naw. Just go to ebay and type in civic 3" exhaust and its like half way down the page. The cuurent bid is $199... I might just play it safe though. :confused:

·
Registered
629 Posts
^^^agreed, however they have gotten a little bit better recently. If you're cheap, get it....but it WILL rust out.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Spotabee Racing said:
If you are talking about SS Auto Chrome... just stop there. Their products are crap, as well as the Pacesetter Monza catbacks. Terrible quality.
Pure ignorance, have you ran any of their products? I have, their intercooler is awesome, their turbo manifolds are good for the price, if it cracks, just have a shop weld it for a few bucks. I ran mine for around 4,000 miles until a support bracket broke it's weld, the actual manifold was fine, welded the bracket back on, and just welded over everything for good measure. No issues with it rusting, it's stainless steel, that's what the SS stands for. ;) Go for it, it's probably a good quality piece, i paid $150 for a ma and pa shop to run a 3" downpipe back exhaust and it's crush bent crap.

·
Registered
629 Posts
O 16581 72452 5 said:
Pure ignorance, have you ran any of their products? I have, their intercooler is awesome, their turbo manifolds are good for the price, if it cracks, just have a shop weld it for a few bucks. I ran mine for around 4,000 miles until a support bracket broke it's weld, the actual manifold was fine, welded the bracket back on, and just welded over everything for good measure. No issues with it rusting, it's stainless steel, that's what the SS stands for. ;) Go for it, it's probably a good quality piece, i paid $150 for a ma and pa shop to run a 3" downpipe back exhaust and it's crush bent crap.

Is their exhaust stainless steel though? I won't say that I completely agree or disagree with you, but you do get what you pay for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
O 16581 72452 5 said:
Sure is.

From what i hear SSAC fixed their cracking manifold issue too.
Then props to them. I'm glad they can finally manufacture a decent manifold.

My whole point is... why buy a product that you need to spend more money on, modifying it, just to make it work properly for any length of time.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Spotabee Racing said:
Then props to them. I'm glad they can finally manufacture a decent manifold.

My whole point is... why buy a product that you need to spend more money on, modifying it, just to make it work properly for any length of time.
budget build, maybe?

·
Registered
822 Posts
98_4drCivic said:
budget build, maybe?
Bingo. Maybe if you can save a few bucks and modify a part yourself then it'll pay off in the long run?

Although, I as well have heard nothing but bad things about "SSACrap" as I've come to know them from various forums. I've been curious about trying then out for myself so I can't really claim a full opinion on them yet.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
O 16581 72452 5 said:
Bullcrap. I have their products and they sucks ballz. And your wrong, their mani's arent stainless, they are mild steel, the only stainless steel part of the mani is the flange. And any moron knows that when you weld 2 different metals together they expand at different times. ss auto is the worst.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
not sure, but whenever I cant call a company and talk to an acutal person about the parts Im buying...sucks. Thats just shady business.

as inexpensive as Cody's mani's are these days ($300-$350) I'd go lovefab. I'll tell you, when my lovefab mani came in last week, it put my ss auto mani to SHAME!!!!

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
have any of you bad mouthing monza catbacks ever had one? i've had one on my car for over 3 years and the thing still looks great. i can't get over how well this thing has held up but yet people still have nothing good to say about them.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts