Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
i dunno how well it would work because of how the inlet/outlet are offset. i mean im sure it would work, but it might make more work for fitting the piping in. Have you ever seen one to know what im talking about, i dont want to confuse you or anything

but anything is possible and im sure its been done and someone can help you more than i have

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
i thought the in/outlet would work better becuase they already have that 90 degree bend, but thats just my thought
well they might. they arent exactly 90 degrees though, they are a little more offset than that AND they angle upwards. but like i said, ive never done it.....it may just be the way to go., but then again it may not

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
you can cut the ends off and weld new ones on. lots of companies sell the inlet/outlet piping.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got one in my rex, wasnt to bad if you can weld alluminum, had to cut the endtanks off and extend them about 3" on each side and then re weld the outlets to face the proper direction, i got a ton of pics of it on my computer at home, ill post em um later on tonite, oh and it requires some cutting of the rad support aswell!!!

This is the only pic i have handy where you can even remotly see the intercooler!! but il put some more up when i get home tonite!!

·
Registered
same^^^
678 Posts
Hey, champ, nice work. For those of us who don't weld AL, what wold we expect to pay for someone to do this?

If you had a half radiator on your crx, did the turbo-side intercooler inlet clear the car's sheetmetal? If so, then all that should be needed is to cut a small hole through the shetmetal on the opposite side for the intercooler outlet. I'm thinking about this intercooler now.

Also, what were the stock measurements vs. the modified measurements if you don't mind. :TU:
-josh-

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your in luck, the car is at the shop today so i will go measure for you and ill let you know later!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Prolly if you knew someone you cold get it done for cheap but just a welding shop prolly like an hour for labour if you have all the pieces cut out and ready for assy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.