Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I installed my new steering wheel today, but the SRS plug isn't long enough to connect to the stock SRS connector. I was wondering it would be a problem if I extended the wires so that the two could connect. When I say extend, I mean solder, heat shrink, etc. Does anybody see that as a problem?

Also, if the SRS light is on, does that mean it's just not connected? But would the air bag still work, or does it have to be connected to work?

Thanks.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work if you extended them a hair to connect. The srs light will stay on until you hook up the airbag.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
that wheel is :thehump:, where did you get it and how much?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks fellas. I've yet to post any pictures of my whip on d-series. These were the first of any part, so I'm glad it was a good experience.

I got the wheel off a guy on ClubCivic for a good price, so I snatched it up. I think I paid $370 total for it! I use to have a tenzo wheel but it didn't have the air bag, and I wanted the air bag back!

Glad people have liked it so far! Once I'm completed with everything new, I'll post some pictures!! Thanks fellas! :honda:

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
been there done that. i didnt have to lengthen my srs harness though. mine cost 231 shipped and it also came with 2 other 3 point wheels but no airbags.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
been there done that. i didnt have to lengthen my srs harness though. mine cost 231 shipped and it also came with 2 other 3 point wheels but no airbags.

want a cookie for being there? i think I know what's wrong. I need to go investigate here shortly. i might be back to ask you some questions.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
are you serious....
It meant to say, want a cookie for being there, doing that. I was being sacrastic bro. chill out.

I found out what the issue is. I didn't re-install the SRS cable. I had a aftermarket wheel on before this one, that didnt require that. That's why the SRS won't reach. Any tips on reinstalling the SRS cable reel? it's the one that had two plugs for the srs.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
Reactions: EG8SIR
1 - 16 of 16 Posts