Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
EK1
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone could help me with my airbag light issue! I have a 99' EK Hatch (D16Y4 Australian Model) and the SRS light is staying on. I've checked all the connections so far (Passenger side airbag, spiral cable and drivers side airbag) and their all fine. Could not find a OBD1 or OBD2 connector to hook up my scan tool either!? Am i missing anything else?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Check your running voltage at the battery, excessive voltage will cause light to come on. We had issues when he regulator would crap out when I worked for Honda. First thing I check now with SRS issues, other than codes.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I would look up the "reset your SRS light" write up and see if that works before you comb over everything when you really dont have to.

·
Registered
EK1
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the lag reply, been very busy past few weeks! And cheers Esotericimage! Found that write up really useful! Worked like a charm!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I had the same issue on my '95 EX coupe and the steps within the ""reset your SRS light" thread helped me get rid of the CEL for good too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thread jacking instead of starting a new one. reset my srs light 95 ej1 after replacing my heater core. it came back on after a few days. when i went to reset again it will not shut off. I am pretty sure this is also why my cruise control no longer is working.

open to any advice or pointers.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Thread jacking instead of starting a new one. reset my srs light 95 ej1 after replacing my heater core. it came back on after a few days. when i went to reset again it will not shut off. I am pretty sure this is also why my cruise control no longer is working.

open to any advice or pointers.
The clock spring probably broke or got disconnected, does your horn work?

Seems off topic but it isn't, do you wear your seat belt ALL THE TIME?

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Know why so people suck at working on cars. Cause everyone is to cheap to buy a FSM and instead they google or post on forum without basic repair manual knowledge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
tell me which expensive scan tool i need to use then. i dont have the obd1 plug for modus and have googled this more than once. I figured our "community" here would be a little more helpful than the jackassary im getting from Guest.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
horn works. seat belt 99% of the time.
The horn works so clock spring is good. The reason I asked about the seat belt is if you don't wear it there no point in the airbag system being on anyways.

What year and what country is you car from? Almost every Honda has some way to check service codes with out a costly scan tool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts