Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i need some help the SRS light is come on switch and should off after 5 seconds. i see today that the light is on always , something worng whats the problem? no one played with some electric things or any wire, why its happen?

·
Registered
99 Civic Si
53 Posts
Had this problem in my 2000 EK, my clockspring coil electrical connection in the steering wheel was blown. Horn didn't work also, because it works on the same circuit. If your horn doesn't work, you might want to check into that little coil.

·
Registered
879 Posts
apparently its a common problem in the 96-00 civics. just something honda has had an issure with i guess. there are directions on H-T as well as searchable on google that tell you how to reset it, but i am just too tired to try and post some for ya right now, lol.

PS. my SRS light was on when i bought the car....

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
throttlerocket said:
Had this problem in my 2000 EK, my clockspring coil electrical connection in the steering wheel was blown. Horn didn't work also, because it works on the same circuit. If your horn doesn't work, you might want to check into that little coil.
I had the same problem, srs light was on, no horn, no cruise control.

1st check to see if you horn works. if it doesn't, then it's the cable reel, that's what the dealer called it when they fixed mine.

otherwise find out what the code is, you check the code the same way you check a regular cel.

go from there. also, certain parts related to the seatbelt will be replaced for free, even if you don't have a warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts