Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but it is anyhow. I just purchased a gt grant steering wheel, and my intentions are to install it on my eg coupe by this weekend. My question is, after I remove the OEM steering wheel and airbag will the passenger side airbag deploy if I ever get into an accident? If not, can someone point me into the direction of an aftermarket steering wheel that will allow this to happen.

The steering wheel I have looks just like the one below, except mine is 100% black:

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I was always under the impression that removing one bag would trigger a fault code and disable the remaining bag. I still have my driver's side bag, although the pass bag is gone. Awhile back I tapped a guard rail at ~10 to 15 mph and my driver's bag did not deploy. Maybe I didn't decelerate fast enough to trigger the system, IDK. But since then I have removed the SRS control unit and the entire harness. That was an EJ6 though. If you have a newer/older car, it may be different, depending on what generation of bags you have.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats why i am thinking also. i mean 80% of the time its just gonna be me in the car, so im not too worried about it, just wondering about that other ~20%.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
the honda srs sucks in anything pre 96. the abs system sucks till 00. i doubt it will ever go off. even if it was hooked up right. unless the crash was pretty major. a buddy cobolt tapped a tire that had blown off a semi, just the tire, it set her shit off quick style. that bein said, i hit many a tire in the ej6... i got nothing. lol. well other then a bunch of random curse words coming out of my mouth cause i had a fmic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts