Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be installing this beautiful piece tommorrow hopefully, ill let ya know how it comes out :lol:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i dont know.. i gotta talk to wil, the lobes are smaller than the stock zc cam but i still have to adjust one of the valves again tommorrow, we'll see how it turns out

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont remember what the tool is called, but it accurately measures the height of the cam lobe, the zc lobe was actually taller than the SR cam. i just got back from adjusting all the valves and it drives good but the butt dyno didnt register much hehe. im wondering if an aftermarket cam sprocket would help to tune the cam properly.i have my fpr set at 40psi with the vacuumm off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
An ajustable cam gear will let you "move" your powerband and is a nice thing to have, but is quite hard to tune without a dyno

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, the stock zc is bigger than the exospeed cam

·
Ikillyoutillyoudiefromit
07 Si Sedan
389 Posts
You're not understanding what Mr. Bone is telling you. A regrind cam is a cam that has material removed from the base circles of the lobes (which is the part of the lobe that the follower sits on when the valve is closed). The way you are measuring lift is wrong!!! The exospeed cam is gonna be smaller the way you are measuring it because of the fact that material is missing from the bottom of the lobe! I bet if you look you will see that the pointy part of the lobes on both cams are the same. Look at the picture that I provided. It explains it pretty well. Keep in mind that the increase in lift comes from the fact that when you adjust your valves you adjust them to the base of the reground cam lobe. You probably noticed that your adjustment screws were screwed in quite a bit more than they were with the ZC cam. BOOM there is your extra lift. Think about it!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whoa, that clears it up alot! i thought my mind was playing tricks on me, i saw the cam and it looked to be smaller but its performing better than the stock cam, but i couldnt comprehend how it would. ** thanks alot, that takes alot of the worries out of my mind lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts