Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing an issue where at a very specific RPM (approx 7300 on my tach), the engine sputters/misfires. The issue happens both under load (accelerating) or sitting still in neutral bringing the engine up to 7300. When accelerating, it sputters for a second and then continues to rev higher without a problem. When sitting still (in neutral), I can duplicate the issue by bringing the revs to about 7000 and then slowly approaching 7300). However, in both cases, once it passes about 7400, it continues to rev higher without an issue.

Engine is a completely original DOHC ZC (OBD1) running on all OBD0 distributor and wiring. The only internal modification is aftermarket valve springs - cams are OEM.

Curious to know if anyone can help with any troubleshooting ideas or has experienced something similar.

·
Registered
98 Civic HX D16Y5
167 Posts
Engine is a completely original DOHC ZC (OBD1) running on all OBD0 distributor and wiring. The only internal modification is aftermarket valve springs - cams are OEM.

Curious to know if anyone can help with any troubleshooting ideas or has experienced something similar.
Seems ignition related considering the specific RPM range. And different distributor.

If you have the OBD1 distributor, swap it on see if you get the same issue.

The ignition system would be the area I would start with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: Did some troubleshooting using different ECU's and chips, it seems that there is something in the data on the chip causing it - haven't figured out what just yet but that seems to be where the problem lies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts