Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get the block out of the car soon and I want to know can the crank be salvaged?Im assuming since I caught it early I can just take it to a machine shop if it's not scored too bad and they can turn it? Where does that leave me as far as ordering new bearings in the future Tighter clearence for that bearing?

Im going to put all my turbo crap in another car and save this block/head for a winter vitara buildup.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
If it is salvageable and you have it turned you can order oversized bearings.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first thing that came to my mind was just buy another crank, but If I don't have to I don't wanna go threw the trouble of buying one online since it's a heavy part and i'll pay more in shipping then for the actual crank and trying to find someone local who will sell me just the crank.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
yea i also need another crank...the machine shop guy called and told me the crank is bad so i should get another...god damn it

·
Registered
438 Posts
As others have said, if it's no too bad then just have it turned and buy undersized bearings. Might want to take some pics when you get it out and then get a quote to have it fixed. Although you may end up just using another crank at least you'll have an idea what it would have cost and post it up as info for the rest of us. peace.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
i think louie means oversized bearings, not undersized...

·
Registered
555 Posts
When I get that far sure lol
get on it then, noones gonna be able to tell until you do

why use over sized bearings, and spend more money? if you use bigger bearings be ready to send your block off to have it line bored.

either way your cranks probally shot, every motor i tear down thats spun a bearing wasnt worth the time an money for the machine shop. you might as well buy a new one, i might sell you mine if i decide not to use it in the next 2 days

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That's why I put the if in the first post.I wasn't asking for someone to tell me if my crank was shit or not (but I appreciate it),just making sure my idea was even possible in the first place, if anyone here has done it and what people thought about getting the crank turned in general..when/if I pull the crank out I'll mic it and get pics.I know what an unuseable crank looks like I see one a few times a week lol

(table I made for my mom using a crank a brembo display rotor thats half drilled and half normal and a huge mustang disc rotor. shitty picture but You get the idea)

Im not even 100% sure I want to do another d build.I've wanted to do an Ls for awhile and this gives me an excuse too.I've thought about just taking the tranny out of the car, the wiring harness, head,and some other stuff and just selling the shell with the lower end still in it, minus tapped oil pan and selling those other good parts seperate and just buying another car.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Your mom gives it up too easy.If she can stick with it another night I'll make you one.

Is your build even finished or even remotely close? Complete that then come see me about giving up on projects.This will be my 3rd build up in 4 years The other 2 were sold..you started your build a month ago and you did some wire tucking swapped rims back and forth and removed tar, before that it sat for 4 months..That's a lot of hard work. Until it's finished your just another kid who wants to mod his civic and made a list.It's also "too" not "to".

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Your mom gives it up too easy.If she can stick with it another night I'll make you one.

Is your build even finished or even remotely close? Complete that then come see me about giving up on projects.This will be my 3rd build up in 4 years The other 2 were sold..you started your build a month ago and you did some wire tucking swapped rims back and forth and removed tar, before that it sat for 4 months..That's a lot of hard work. Until it's finished your just another kid who wants to mod his civic and made a list.It's also "too" not "to".

i have built 4 cars since i have been into imports and never given up sorry to disappoint you. its obvious your a sensitive flower sorry if you cant take a joke princess.

just cause im taking my sweet ass time on my build doesn't mean shit buddy. next your going to bring up your time slips from your current crap set-up like the rest of the noobs on this forum lol. hey but don't worry your trophy is being sent in the mail. for all your accomplishments over mine. go back to making tables cars are not for you. and its a crx you dumb fuck

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Want a cookie for your 4 setups? Are you the 1 upper guy? I said 3 builds in 4years not toltal lol Spend less time posting crap more time building and working on getting a job and your car would actually be making progress,and you said I can't take a joke :lol:

It's also noobish to call someones setup crappy when you have never even seen them or know exactly what it consists of lol,almost like bench racing

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you gonna stop bickering back and forth in my thread now?Or are you going to prove to everyone your maturity level by posting nothing useful again?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
LOl get the sand out your pussy or take a midol,jesus.Serioulsy who can't take the heat again? get a life no wonder you have a 1,527 post count.

edit

OH NOEZ evidence your a quitter too lets make a club!
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71223

And you actually needed to make a post to try and have people convince you not to get a dohc,

ah shit I give up,that would be way too easy lol goodnight

1 - 20 of 23 Posts