Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Del Sol
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put some springs on my Sol . Suppose to be 1.75" front and 1.5" rear but the rear still looks stock hight. Is that right? Does it lower after time? Oh, I also put new OE shocks on also.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
As long as none of the bushings are bound up from being tightened while at full extension, you may have the wrong rears. I have never heard of a 1.5in settle, maybe I have seen on my car 1/4 - 1/2 in after a week of new rear shocks and springs. I could be wrong, have been before.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
if your old shocks were blown and your old springs were saggy, could just be the new shocks and springs

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Didnt think of that, it could just be shocking to see it at the right position lol, no pun intended.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anytime iv done springs the usually settle and lower a small bit more after a few hours. Or if you take a look the next day sometimes you will notice small differences.

What make are the springs? and as said if you have new OE shocks and new springs that might be why!

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I think Gitzer nailed it, at least partially, new coil springs need a couple/few hundred miles to settle, longer if they are stiff...if you didn't loosen you pivot points, that may be holding the car up high whilst simultaneously beginning the rapid process of destroying said bushings. Also, if the springs are not the right ones, as in meant for a heavier car, your Sol may not be heavy enough to compress them to the desired lowness....

Hope you did the job right

1 - 8 of 8 Posts