Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have these KSport coilovers that came on my car, this is a picture of the rear one:

After reading what I could find on spring ID I am guessing these springs are 10.5Kg/mm and 185mm overall. So these would be 588lb/in and 7.3" overall height? Does that sound correct?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my daily driver CRX, honestly 588 seems pretty stiff for the rears already, especially on Houston/Galveston roads.

I should look at the fronts too, I might swap them around or possibly go to a slightly lower square setup. 450/450 maybe. I still need a rear swaybar on the HF too.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
I might be interested in those 10.5k if you decide not to hold onto them.

Fronts would likely be 12k, my guess at least.

Rears usually dictate more of the ride quality than the fronts.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to customer service at K sport, apparently neither number is the spring rate.

What you have is an O style spring, with 10.5mm coil size and 185mm in total length.
What kind of car do you have? I couldn’t find the spring rate for those numbers…

Thank you.

Andy G.
KSport USA Suspension Company

When I told him I had a CRX he said the springs that came with their coilovers are 5Kg/mm or about 280lb/in, but apparently there is no way to know if they have been changed or swapped front to back.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
The ends appear ground flat, so here's how to test. Rig a small platform to set on it, set it on a scale, then measure it's height off the floor & it's weight. Put an 80lb bag of sand (or something compact/heavy) on the platform & measure again. Then time for math.

Obviously this does jack for progressive springs, but that looks linear to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts