Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been working on my clutch. the dude who machined my flywheel threw it outta balance...effed it up so i had to RE pull the motor today and decided to take a look at my transmission. my del sol...off the lot had a d15b7. BUT ive got what ive read everywhere is an SI trans... the code is p20 B000 will someone please confirm if im right or not?

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but ive read that the diff between si and "DX" trans would be 1,2,3,and FD. 4th and 5th stay the same. you sure? ill take your word over hater tech any day lol

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
DX vs. EX, 1-4-5 are the same, but FD effects every gear, 4.058 vs. 4.250

If your tranny hasn't been split open you got a freebie upgrade. But that means you already have the easy .4-.5 second upgrade for the D15B7 setup.

This link for example......

Honda Transmission specs

The CX/VX and DX have same 2nd gear, 1.761, but when I first posted the info years ago I knew someone would copy my misinfo. CX/VX 4th gear is .852 but I posted it as .853 for same reason. Also the DX HB never got 3.89 FD, no idea where that came from.

.001 error isn't gonna make a major impact on gearing.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ooooo okay. so somehow someone put an SI trans on my shit. im wondering if the gearing has been changed ...i doubt it cause im personally unhappy with 3rd till 65 or 70mph. but still....im SUPER excited ive got SI shit ....that i almost bought for it anyway haha!

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
ooooo okay. so somehow someone put an SI trans on my shit. im wondering if the gearing has been changed ...i doubt it cause im personally unhappy with 3rd till 65 or 70mph. but still....im SUPER excited ive got SI shit ....that i almost bought for it anyway haha!
You hit 65-70 in third? IDK about this SI transmission then cause i'm hittin redline in third at 50-ish. Then again i haz SI cable trans :pinch:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
Thats when it gets fun :)

You hit 65-70 in third? IDK about this SI transmission then cause i'm hittin redline in third at 50-ish. Then again i haz SI cable trans :pinch:
51 mph in 3rd gear on a 88-91 SI tranny is only 4000 rpm. Either you are short shifting or still in second gear :)

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
51 mph in 3rd gear on a 88-91 SI tranny is only 4000 rpm. Either you are short shifting or still in second gear :)
I knew something wasn't right, forgetting what gear you're in FTL. Maybe i'm starting to go cenial :willy_nilly:

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
have a beer :)

It's gonna be a GOOD night. I've got 30 and the night is young!
Sir Bone, i've had nearly 20 today, and 2 pitchers of Caribou Lou between me and 2 buddies, i shouldn't be typing lol. LUCKILY i stopped drinking 3-ish hours ago and have been drinking water lol, no hangover FTW.

Edit: I'm goin to bed, it hurts to look at this screen, goodnight ladies :beer:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
I'm just getting started. Brain is in overdrive and needs slowed down.

Yes, I'm Bipolar and self medicating, riding the wave into my next depression.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1st goes to 35, 2nd goes to 60, 3rd is like 80, 4th 110, 5th...???

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its cool bone. o i posted another thread bout my clutch problem...you should look at it

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
1st goes to 35, 2nd goes to 60, 3rd is like 80, 4th 110, 5th...???
not possible.

@ 6500 rpm

1st = 32 mph
2nd = 55 mph
3rd = 84 mph
4th = 115 mph

4th gear takes FOREVER to max out and speedo will read 118-120 mph. when you hit the limiter.

Yeah, not legal or safe either.

Gearing Calculator

23" tire diameter

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bone...im running 8.8k redline...thats taking it to about 7.4ish

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
bone...im running 8.8k redline...thats taking it to about 7.4ish
on a real tach or Honda?????

Assuming your Honda tach is at 7400 and the motor is really at 7000 rpm.

You lucky ZC fucking geared bastard!!!!!!!

7000 with ZC 3-4

1st = 34.7
2nd = 59.4
3rd = 83.8
4th = 109

Question is 5th gear.

Does 3500 rpms in 5th = 70 mph? That would be CRX 5th

Question is did Bense or I build it or someone that learned from our notes???

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha I KNOW! and thats a honda tach. its got stiff springs and i wanna take it to the 8 but i can feel a HUGE drop in powerband round 7.8 and my redline is due to a chip...that sweet shit ain't stock

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
Z6 intake manifold and shift at 7400 on stock tach.

Strap on some 20x8x14 MT's and launch it balls out......until you break a spider gear, like I did.

I rarely marked my trannys and due to your location I'm betting Bense built it.

See the two flat circles below the axle opening......check there for lettering.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i cant spot the two circles...BUT...i got the car an hour south of atlanta in september of 08...i dunno where it was before that

1 - 20 of 23 Posts