Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's my question. I have a 96 ex with the good ol d16y8 still in it (and its staying!) and I've always been interested in running the intake pipe/elbow that spoon makes. Now other plans for the engine, intake-wise, are an edlebrock intake manifold and a BBK 62mm throttle body. Now, using that spoon intake pipe, I would be using the stock upper half of the intake. So here is my question: Is there a way I can use that stock upper half of the intake in conjunction with a 62mm throttle body or will it just not work? If it won't work, what kind of setup could I do so I could run that spoon intake pipe along with a bigger throttle body? Well, any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

T

·
0 Posts
All will fit, you don't need to modify anything, it's just why are you going to waste money on a carbon fiber intake from Spoon, if you want some real JDM, go with ARC, or even better if J's carbon intake if you want that look... Just make sure your alarm is up and ready!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not really going for looks or a jdm thing at all with the spoon intake. I've just always liked their design and concept behind the piece. So, my stock upper intake arm will fit onto a 62mm throttle body??

T

·
0 Posts
yep, the bore of the throttle body, and the butterfly are increased, not the outside diameter where the pipe connects to.. Make sense??

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TurboHonda99 said:
yep, the bore of the throttle body, and the butterfly are increased, not the outside diameter where the pipe connects to.. Make sense??
Ahhhhhhh, see, I never knew that. There ya go, I guess you learn something knew every day huh? So, any aftermarket throttle body is all the same outer diameter, it's just bigger on the inside diameter. It all makes sense now. Thank you very much for your help. If I can figure out how to give you rep I will. Once again, thanks alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts